Ceasefire

Discussion in 'Politics' started by odon, Jan 17, 2009.

1. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Israel is about to announce an end to offensive military operations in its campaign against Gaza terrorists.

Did Israel "win" or if that is a little insensitive - do you think they achieved their goals?

2. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

No. There are still Arabs living in Israel.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

They killed a lot of people and enraged a lot more. This Israelis won't consider themselves as having won until they exterminate the Palestinians. The agenda of Israel is one of genocide.

4. zihger

zihger Senior Member

Israel killed a lot of people and did some damage to Hamas.

But what was the Hamas strategy?
    Seriously they knew this would happen they aren’t totally stupid.

Did Hamas just want to out rage more Islamic people?
    If they did I think they were successful.

Maybe stoke the revolutionary fire?

Occupations have always failed in that part of the world they are all just waiting.

In the long run Israel is fucked.

5. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Exactly what you stated. To unite the Muslim world against all that is not of Islam. Unfortunately they'll only get the weak and the extremists. Get ready for anew carnival ride.

6. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

They've stopped the bullets but the robbery continues.

http://www.imemc.org/article/58513

Israel is a liar and cannot be trusted.They just walk around and spin their opponent so the referee can't see the eye gouging.

They intend to win by whatever it takes. They don't care who they kill in process.

Time to kick Israel in the balls.

x

7. odon

odon Slightly Popular

If that is true, why bother with a ceasefire?
    Why not continue, or never stop the onslaught of Gaza?

8. odon

odon Slightly Popular

IMO, Hamas were willing to let as many of their so-called people die at the hands of Israel.
    Their strategy was to let the world view Israel as they always do, as the bad guys.
    They did win the media war.

9. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Win what?

10. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

Their way. They have no more regard for world opinion than a man in the moon. They should just quit the UN because they're worthless in negotiations too.

I don't see why Israel should be rewarded for the cessation of murder. They's what they're going to tout the next few days. We signed, Hamas didn't. Yada yada yada.

_or_

We signed but they broke the agreement.

There is no way of authenticating if Hamas did something, or another faction did something. Israel will see it as one and the same and rain punishment upon a civilian population in response.

Because Israel wants these people gone.

It doesn't take much of an excuse for Israel to be busy in that cause.

x

11. odon

odon Slightly Popular

True.

As long as the murder stops.

We? Who are you?

Hamas are the people talking. If the rockets cease or atleast slow down you can bet your ass Hamas had a hand in that. If they continue, the same is true. In any case, It does not really matter if they had nothing to do with it. They are the people seen as the figure heads and in control. Simple.

Sorry. I now know you don't live in the real world.

12. Pressed_Rat

13. Pressed_Rat

Because Israel must maintain the illusion of being the innocent ones who are simply defending themselves. They cannot simply wipe the Palestinians out all at once because of the public outcry. They work incrementally to achieve their goals.

14. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

15. odon

odon Slightly Popular

I'm possibly wrong here (I hope not.) and I don't wish to be too dismisive...but, that seems the daftest thing I have heard in a while.
    Now, I appreciate your perspective would lead you to imagine this to be true. But, IMO it seems highly unlikely, even taking into consideration the apparent indiscriminate nature of their activities recently.
    Hamas seem to be the ones who wish to wipe every Jew off the face of the earth, not the other way around.

16. Hiptastic

Hiptastic Unhedged

Of course Mossad infiltrates Hamas you imbecile, just like the CIA infiltrated the KGB and vice versa.

Seems like when the chips are down you and Xexon are pretty much the same.

17. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

What has happenned/is happening to Gaza by Israel is/was always political. And they have always hoped to have the heavy killing over by the time of the US Inauguration. It won't last. It's a matter of political timing.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/01/08/engel-on-gaza-reporting/

18. zihger

zihger Senior Member

That is their job and what the whole game is about..

KGB General Aleksandr Sakharovsky once said: "In today’s world, when nuclear arms have made military force obsolete, terrorism should become our main weapon."
    He also claimed that "Airplane hijacking is my own invention". In 1969 alone 82 planes were hijacked worldwide by the KGB-financed PLO.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_measures

AK-47-Soviet made
    RPG-7-Soviet made
    Modern Islamic terrorist methods- Soviet made

M-16-U.S made
    Israel’s-air force U.S made

They are all pawns in global war.

19. Pressed_Rat

Well, the question then would be what the purpose of this infiltration is as Hamas certainly has not gotten any weaker or suffered any from said infiltration.

If the Mossad has the ability to infiltrate Hamas, then what makes it so unlikely that Hamas is being used as a tool by the Israelis to justify their muderous, genocidal actions against the Palestinian people?

This would explain why the actions of Hamas seem to only benefit the zionist agenda.

But when you live in the land of OZ, where everything is simply a coincidence, I can see how it would be hard to imagine anything other than what you're presented at face value.

20. mai

mai Member

of course one wouldn't want to let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory

population of Gaza before israeli occupation :500,000
    population of Gaza now : 1,500,000

those damn Zionists are not doing a very good job at "ethnic cleansing"

zoomie:
    Israeli Arabs are different from Gazans and people in the West Bank.
    Gaza and West Bank are not a part of israel
    Google is your friend