Catnip

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Smiling_Rose, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Smiling_Rose

Smiling_Rose Member

I thought my cat wasn't interested in catnip until I bought her a toy with catnip at the end for christmas! She'll ignore it until u hang it above her nose, then she'll rub against it and get all excited, then she go really hyper for about half an hour, like shooting across the room and rolling around loads, then all of a sudden she'll jst colapse in a heap and just lie there really happy completly worn out. And she's 15 yrs old! how does it effect your cats? Apparently it's meant to arouse some of them :eek:...

2. Elle

Elle Senior Member

The cat I used to have (the ex-boyfriend got custody):mad::p loved catnip! He went crazy for it. We would spread some on the kitchen floor and he would roll around in it and lick it. He was a different cat when that stuff was around:p I have yet to give it to my new cat, and I plan on getting him some, I just keep forgetting everytime I go to the store. But it will be interesting to see how he will react.

3. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

catnip is like marijuana to a cat. SERIOUSLY, i read it in a book andit makes perfect sense. my cat rubs up against it and meows and attacks it. she LOVES catnip. it's great! she always eats it! she runs around and rolls all over the phone like it's orgasmic or somthing. wonderful

4. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I asked a veterinarian about it once and he told me it doesn't get cats high, they just love the smell, at least most of them do. Some don't care for it.

5. apple seed

apple seed Member

my mom told me that if a cat likes catnip or not is becuaes of there genetics. some cats have the gene for it and some don't. we like to growe our catnip out back, but like all menders of the mint faimily it will spreed like a weed. you all so need to pinch off the flowers so that the plant growes more leaves and does not go to seed. you can then driy it and give it too them fresh or driyed. you can ues catnip for outher thins than getting our pussy high. but the high pussys are so funny.
    love and blessings apple seed.

6. Smiling_Rose

Smiling_Rose Member

my parents used to grow it when i was little but apparently the cats trampelled the plant by rolling in it, heh heh