Catholic Church to Excommunicate Politicians who Support Abortions!

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by skip, May 9, 2007.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

2. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

well, theyve been doing this for awhile now. they wont offer any communion to any politician thats pro-choice

3. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

Never heard that before. Reminds me of the middle ages...

Peace and love

4. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

So, what other stance could he take, given his leadership position and the Church's beliefs and teachings about abortion?

A clear, reasoned answer, sans Christian-bashing, would be best.

5. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

Thanks for the good wishes, Fedup my man!

Regarding your question: that's one that would take a book to answer, but briefly.... yes, that's what the Protestant Reformation was all about.

I'd like for Skip to answer my question as I put it to him.

6. skip

I don't see the point in singling out politicians for their actions, other than to influence political actions which should have NOTHING to do with a politicians personal religious views nor a Pope's.

Here's what he should do:
    Excommunicate EVERY Catholic, TODAY, if they support abortion. Period. Go ahead do it NOW! Don't make threats you have no intention of keeping.

Let's see HALF the Catholics in existence get excommunicated in one go. That would be fucking great! Take the papal dick from the choir boy's mouth and fuck your own people with it! The Church been doing that for more than 1,000 years, so they're pretty fucking good at it! (sorry, couldn't resist an insult)

FREE THE CATHOLICS FROM CHRISTIAN MIND SLAVERY TODAY!

7. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

A politician's political actions usually can't be separated from their religious views...in many cases, that's what gets them elected. And that's certainly what got the Pope elected!

That's indeed the most logical answer to the question.

8. skip

It would be REALLY, REALLY cool if the pope would just excommunicate ALL Catholics. Then they would be truly LIBERATED, most for the first time in their lives...

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

that would include my grandmother. she wouldnt stand for being excommunicated.

trust me, you dont want to live with a strict catholic grandmother. one who is 96 goin on 97 years old...

10. Reverend Kane

Reverend Kane Member

Do not be brainwashed by those who want to undermine what man has achieved. If we allow all our morals to crumble just because our prayers haven't been answered then we are doomed. Life has a right to live. We must not kill what God puts on this earth before it has had the chance to be born. We are only provoking His anger. We have forgotten how to pray because religion has become a dirty word. We have lost our way and we must find it again before we are permanently lost. Fed you have a sense of justice in your heart. I am not a great fan of some Catholics but there are some very good ones who do not seek the limelight. Give the Lord a chance. His door is always open for you. At least keep yours unlocked.

11. Brother Joseph

Brother Joseph Member

Rev. Kane, thanks for turning this thread towards a reasonable discussion line.

12. skip

Do not be brainwashed by those with a Christian agenda. If you adopt their morals you too can become a big hypocrite. You can lie, cheat, steal, murder and justify it in the name of Christ! Just look at our leaders, Bush and Cheney! No doubt their sins against humanity have already been forgiven, right?