Catherine Zeta-Jones CBE

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by Shale, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Shale

Shale ~

Catherine Zeta-Jones honored by Queen Elizabeth II
    JILL LAWLESS
    From Associated Press
    June 11, 2010

LONDON (AP) — From Wales to Hollywood to "Chicago" — now Catherine Zeta-Jones has an appointment at Buckingham Palace.
    Zeta-Jones added a royal honor to Hollywood stardom Saturday when she was named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II.

The Academy Award winner is part of an eclectic list of honorees, announced to mark the queen's official birthday, that includes the founder of the Jimmy Choo footwear label and 1960s rocker Graham Nash.

Swansea, Wales-born Zeta-Jones, 40, began her career in British theater and television before moving to Hollywood and marrying actor Michael Douglas. The actress, who won a best supporting actress Oscar in 2003 for the musical "Chicago," can now put the letters CBE after her name.

"I am absolutely thrilled with this honor," Zeta-Jones said in a statement. "As a British subject, I feel incredibly proud. At the same time, it is overwhelming and humbling. And my mum and dad are delighted beyond belief."

[​IMG]

2. surreal_charm

surreal_charm Member

that's nice. i really like her.