catching interest

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TripAmerika, May 30, 2004.

1. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

Do you feel like some people on the forums are almost discriminatory towards other forum members who haven't posted pictures? I feel like some people don't take any interest in people who's pictures they haven't seen. And that's really sad. I think that the forums would be better off if everyone had posted a picture or no one at all. Hell, if people saw my picture, I might even get a fan club! But that's not the point. I don't think there is enough emphasis on the appreciation of the quality of one's posts. I'm not saying that all of my posts have been completely justified, because obviously, on this site, they don't need to be. But am I right or is my alter ego just a whiney bitch tonight? I/she won't be offended if you agree with the latter.

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I'm not sure, what do you look like?

3. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

Typical! LOL I really hope you are joking!

4. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Yeah, don't worry. But I'm not sure I've noticed what you're talking about. If I haven't seen a picture of someone on the forums, I create a mental picture of them anyway.

5. joe

joe Banned

nobody needs to see my face

*Hissssssss!!*

6. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I like putting a face to people I've developed a friendship with on here. But, it's not necessary.

7. Cirrhosis

Cirrhosis Banned

For what it's worth, I only talk to girls whose breasts I've seen (a) picture(s) of.

8. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i just put mine up for shits and giggles,

but i do understand what your saying trip. i must say however that, all the forums i belonged to befor this place...everyone is so secretive about thier identity. i think being secretive is kinda sad. im a brutally honest person.

9. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

If I were to post my pic on here, shit! This place would be like a ghost town, I would definately scare everyone away. My pic is on my aol homepage, not that anyone knows my aol name, (at least I dont think so?)

also, I dont see that seeing someone else's picture really matters, you might be right tho, I will have to pay more attention.

10. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

Dust, I'm sure you're beautiful. You sound it.

11. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

hey dustinthewind,

i dont think im particularly attractive myself, but then again i dont give a fuck what others think of me. i like you already, you are defiantely cool to me.

12. alex714

alex714 To the Left

thats not true at all for me

i didnt know how most of the people i now am pretty close with looked like until after taking an intrest in them.

13. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

I feel the love in this thread. The photogenically challenged shall unite!

14. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

thanks you guys!! :D

15. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

people love me, but im fairly witty, and yes they all do ask for a pic of me. oh well i dont have one.

16. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

TA looks lovely in her photos.
    Look, I even put a very clear picture of my mug in my sig.!

17. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I´m not sure thats true, I´ve been here over a year and just put a pic up earlier today for the first time, of course I´m not the most ¨popular¨ poster on here ;)

I can honestly say that it never affected me either way, I never felt differently about someone after seeing their pics. That´s what I like about the internet, meeting someone from the inside out.

I´ll let you know if more or less people reply to my posts, it can be a little experiment.

I sort of liked being anonymous too though.