Carlos Mencia & Wanda Sykes

Discussion in 'TV Comedies and Sitcoms' started by Rudenoodle, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

Who gives people like this there own show? And more importantly who RENEWS said shows?
    I was flipping mindlessly through the channels the other day when I had the displeasure of learning that someone decided to opt to give "Mind of Mencia" or as it should be more accuratly called "unfunny unoriginal un-entertaining Chappelle Show" A season 2.....Wow, I personelly have never met anyone in life who thought Carlos Mencia was funny or who enjoyed his Sketch Comedy. And as i think a little more deeply on the subject I have never met anyone who did not outright dispise him. Am I in the minority in this?

And whats with Wanda Sykes being labelled as "Original" or "Edgy?" A sassy black woman who tells it like it is? Yea, that hasnt been done before. i realize that if someone doesent like a shitty comedian they should just change the channel and ignore it. But for every shitty comedian on t.v or in movies there is a really good original comedian who will never get a shot at somthing big.

and if this post was to long to read and you skipped to the bottom ill sumerize

Carlos Mencia sucks

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Carolos Mencia's whole act is "i'm going to make fun of people and point out racial sterotypes, but it's ok because I'm mexican". He only has a show because dave chappel would not do his show anymore. I thought dave chappel was funny because he could do more then mock someones race. carlos mencia sucks.

3. tothedome1

tothedome1 Member

im so glad you both said this bitches suck. carlos is a weakass bitch that is nowhere near funny. as unfocused said dave chappelle could actually take things beyond the race factor.

4. ChEcKeReD DeMoN

ChEcKeReD DeMoN Member

As funny as a migraine.

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Wanda Sykes can be quite funny. Mostly only when it's not prepared material.

Carlos Mencia was very funny BEFORE he got the show. I can definitely see why they gave him a show. Why it hasn't been canceled however...

6. LanSLIde

LanSLIde Member

Damn straight, but the ironic thing is that he's Venezuelan, not Mexican (and apparently he steals lots of material, yay). Chapelle had some awesome skits, his stand-up was pretty good too

Wanda was good writing for Chris Rock; I don't know about having her own show, though, I think she's good in small doses

7. Subliminal89

Subliminal89 A Tokémon Master

both of those shows suck ass.

8. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Was never aware Wanada Sykes had her own show... Carlos Mencia=not funny...