carefree highschool days

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by babiesgotsause, Apr 7, 2007.

1. babiesgotsause

babiesgotsause Member

It's been seven years since i graduated. I still feels strange when i think about it. when the biggest decision i had to make was to spend my money on bud or beer (or a little of both lol) when i still lived at home and my mom did everything for me. when school was a joke and the teachers just passed you so they didn't have to deal with you for another year. when i was convinced that i knew everything and it was everyone else that had the attitude problem. when there was a keg party in the woods for some friends birthday and we drank until the sun came up. when you saw your friends every single day. i miss it.

two kids later, it feels like it was a million years ago and I find myself saying things like "don't pee on your brother".

"Now the years are rolling by me, they are rocking evenly and I am older than I once was but younger that I'll be and thats not unusual. No it isn't strange after changes upon changes, we are more or less the same, after changes we are more or less the same"

2. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

im feeling the same way its just recently dawned on me that im gonna have to go out in the real world in another 4 months and rely on myself that my parents are no longer gonna take care of me. Its a scary and exciting feeling.

3. myself

myself just me

When I was in high school I thought I had so much to worry about, and some of my friends though so as well.
    And when you look back, you just realize it was all quite ok... but I suppose those were just some age-specific worries.

4. seraphina

seraphina Member

i didnt have a care in the world in high school...even though i went through a lot at the time. i would take any of it back, but i wouldnt want to re-live it either.

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

6. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

don't worry the "real world" is every bit as shitty as high school.

high school is nothing but a god forsaken shithole! being walked and shitted upon day in and day out... just like having a job.

7. DaveHT

DaveHT Member

Getting stoned every morning and every lunch on the schoolground (in the smoking area) or in the basement if it was really cold. Still managed A's and some B's somehow in all this. I had more absent days in Grade 12 Chemistry than days there and still got 78%. Never got asked for a note for days missed until about 2 weeks after my 18 birthday, so I wrote a note in front of the principle that said "I was absent from 2nd period yesterday because I skipped", then signed it and he had to accept it after he checked the school records and found out I was 18. They never asked me for another one.

Beer was $1.75 a bottle at the bar, smokes were $2 something a pack, gas was about 40 cents a litre, and I made $30 a night in tips delivering pizza's on top of the $4.65/hour I was getting paid. Didn't have to pay any bills since I lived with my parents, and they never asked were I was if I didn't come home for the weekend or if I drove home drunk.

Ahh, the care free highschool days. I certainly miss them.