Caravan Of Hondurans Headed To United States

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Oct 22, 2018.

1. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

Wow, speaks volumes!! I never voted for Bill and only voted for Hilary to stop trump. I voted for Obama because of his positive ideologies, I voted against trump because of his hate. You are I are very different humans.

2. Of course we are, that's how it's supposed to be. We're all individuals with our own agenda.

I voted for Perot, which turned into a vote for Bill. But I knew I didn't want Bush.

3. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

4. GuerrillaLorax

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

6. GuerrillaLorax

7. GuerrillaLorax

Tijuana Exodus Update Through a Queer Lens - It's Going Down

"As of yesterday morning, the last three members of the 60+ trans asylum seeking contingent successfully presented to Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The trans womxn caravana strategically moved from Tijuana to ports of entry further east weeks ago and now are just waiting for sponsorship finalizations before being released from detainment and safely moving into houses in the US. These folx are the first of the recent Central American caravanas to successfully present to the CBP and are paving the way for thousands of more Central American refugees that are waiting, and trying to survive one day at a time in Tijuana.

In the past couple weeks, 6,0000+refugees were forcibly moved by the federal government from Benito Juarez, a sports stadium downtown in El Centro, to Barretal, a music venue on the eastern outskirts of the city, 10 miles away from downtown. As Sandoval said, Barretal closely resembles a concentration camp, thousands of people cramped into tents some still lying on the ground with no tarps or blankets. Every move is being controlled by dozens of armed agents of the Mexican federal government. People coming from outside with donations are immediately greeted by armed federales who will direct them to leave all of their donations in a large storage room, once used as an entry way to the music venue. Once the donations go into that room it is unclear what happens to them if anything, besides sitting their indefinitely.Refugees inside do not receive any of these donations. In response, volunteers and refugees have banned together to self-organize a donation drop off and kitchen inside of Barretal. The space is heavily monitored and forcibly shutdown once the sun sets every evening. Thousands of people still wait for shoes, blankets, warm clothes and meals every single day.

Across the city, dozens of shelters have taken in refugees from the recent caravanas. Some shelters are specifically for unaccompanied children or women. All of these shelters are in drastic need of support. There is not enough food, tents, blankets or warm clothing for the children, teens, women or men. 600+ people still remain outside of the sports stadium, Benito Juarez, living in tents or just sleeping on the streets.Children run around barefoot, with parents desperately trying to find ways to get them shoes. Volunteers show up in pick up trucks piled with food to handout, sometimes harassed by the police and forced to leave, sometimes not. There is never enough food. Despite every pick up truck that comes by daily, are still hundreds of people that do not eat.

Enclave Caracol, an anarchist info shop downtown, is the heart and soul of love and humanity that is being spread throughout the refugees and volunteers on the ground here in Tijuana.Feeding over 500+ refugees and volunteers a day in two different locations, hosting and helping run a fully functioning legal collective, organizing thousands of donations that come in and spreading them all across the city while also continuing to run a bike shop, zine and book library and provide housing for volunteers. On top of that, the majority of the coordination and volunteering at Enclave Caravol is being completely organized by refugees themselves who are waiting to seek asylum and centering the needs of womxn, children and lgbtq+"

8. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The migrants ARE the huddled masses. They are our brothers and sisters. They are trying to improve their lives. Do you forget they're human?
    To me the border is a non-issue. F*ck borders. I'm a citizen of the Earth, and I doin't think we should be locking out people or refusing them basic human rights.
    I support the migrant caravan 100%.

MeAgain likes this.
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If borders are a non issue to you, then why not move to Honduras?

10. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Why would I? Don't know anyone there, not from there.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

Google Earth shows these massive land area of Central America are rip for foresting and industry jobs, tourism, even shows beautiful housing developments in the middle of the forests.. Nice roads and all .. What gives> fake news?..

Google Earth

12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Shhhh. Keep it quiet please. Please delete that post.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So borders are a non issue for you, except for places you are not from

14. The plaque on the pedestal of the statue "Liberty Lifts Her Light" is a poem;
    ""The New Colossus" is a sonnet that American poet Emma Lazarus (1849–1887) wrote in 1883 to raise money for the construction of a pedestal for the Statue of Liberty. In 1903, the poem was cast onto a bronze plaque and mounted inside the pedestal's lower level."

It's not US policy, statute or law. It's a nice sentiment, but that's all it is.

Anywhere else in the world you sneak across a border, you generally go straight to jail, then deportation. So why is the US expected to be the exception to this? And what's the magic number for our population to be? 500 million? A billion? Maybe we should simply take in the entire planet's population, that would show how nice we Americans are.

Of course that's not feasible and would turn our nation into a gutted hulk in short order. This nation is not guaranteed to be stable and the population is a substantial factor. Add too many people and everything this nation has built will collapse. To be fair, it's likely to happen anyway since we're in debt to the tune of more money than actually exists. That alone spells sure doom for the nation. So maybe that's the plan, bankrupt the nation and see how anarchy sorts it all out.

Aside from that, are there any nations where an American can sneak in without being a criminal?

15. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

And nowhere in that poem does it state, and we will provide you free housing, food, healthcare, and education. That's all been added by our liberal left with the hope that it gets them voted on forever. The immigrant "cause" is just like the civil Rights politics of the 60s. If they could convince the blacks they would be living better by voting for their social plans, they'd win their votes forever. Doesn't now matter if those same poor blacks that were poor back then are still poor now, at least the politicians they voted for got rich.

This is the 60s Version 2.0

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  16. storch

storch banned

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, but first, last, and security up front.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The land they wish to cross (south US) was already Meixco at one point.

If only the actual natives had been so concerned many of our ancestors would have probably died before the sex that leads to us.

No matter what white people are a minority already in this country and that terrifies Trump voters. What is they do what we did to them? What if they take what we took? We don't like that. It always comes back to the fear of them coming for the white man. Ironic when they did the same.

18. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

My college education is history strongly disagrees but keep up that white delusion. You have zero understanding of American history. It shows the way you twit the facts around.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Remember Duterte, Phiilipino president

Got his police to basically go out and execute anywhere from 5000 to 20,000 plus (depending on who you source) drug crims without trial.

Still in office, tax revenue has doubled, spending on infrastructure has doubled, and the countrys growth rate is 6%

Notice you havent heard a peep about him in the media for a good 6 months.

.....be....cause....it worked

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    It may work for the masses. But it may all be worthless for the family who lost their kid because he was shot for doing drugs. It seems there are many of these families. Do you seriously applaud this idiot's efforts? Mass murdering without trial. Now, if it were only violent criminal dealers and kingpins... it would still be wrong. But easily understood. Now there's really nothing reasonable about it. It only seems good as long as you and your loved ones are unaffected