car insurance

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by indescribability, Jan 28, 2005.

1. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

both of us. because then we're both required to cover our own shit...... I spend $300-$500 at a time on a car. If I save back even some of the money I save from not paying liability I could afford to buy a new car every 6 months. Don't down play my intelligence based on one decision in my life. You may not like what I do, but OH FUCKING WELL

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

3. indescribability

how fucking immature do you get? really? you come into a thread made by me, repeatedly, already knowing my stance on said topic just to say stupid shit. grow up. you are 31 yrs old the way you act i bet your kids are real stupid

4. indescribability

in fact, I hope one day I smash into them with my car killing your whole family and leaving you nothing for compensation

5. Xac

Xac Visitor

"in fact, I hope one day I smash into them with my car killing your whole family and leaving you nothing for compensation" -- now someone is cranky and is braking the golden rule... dont take it serious if the other posters arent!

it's like trying to teach a monkey who is retarted math... you will just get frustrated and laughed at.

dont worry guy they arent as wise as they think they are.

6. indescribability

you're right. I said something along those lines in another thread too and deleted it because i do not want to be that way but some people can not act their age at all

7. Xac

Xac Visitor

"some people can not act their age at all"
    well thats not your problem! trust me their getting a kick out of you getting so upset, hell i think they're being rude and annoying and im get a kick out of you somehow managing to take this so serious!

JUST IGNORE THEM IF YOU DONT WANT TO TALK TO THEM!

8. indescribability

i take huge offense when my intelligence is insulted but your right and i thank you

9. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

In my state not only can you lose your licence if you drive without insurance, you can get a BIG fine. You don't have to be in an accident, the cops have to have proof of insurance for ANY reason they stop you. If you just get stopped for a minor traffic violation, you have to show proof. If you don't have it, you don't even get to drive home, you get arressted and someone has to pick you up at the Station.

Illinois has had such problems with people not buying insurance, and the rest of us having to pay for the damage that this law was needed.

Fifteeen hundred dollars a year? Hmmm. I pay about $600. I had a "good grade point" reduction when I was in HS and College and I get a reduction because I have no accidents or tickets now. Also, I am married, which reduces your chances of being in an accident (ask the people who do the math and stats on these things, marriage, sex, age, enrollment in college, employment history, good grades, ect all reduce the chance you will get into or cause an accident, so you get to pay less.)

We also have three cars on the same policy (including one teen driver with a license and one with a permit) so you would think our premiums would be high, but we are considered "low risk" with our history, so we don't pay that much.

Drive WELL and you pay less.

10. Xac

Xac Visitor

why stupid?
    (i dont dislike you, just making a point)

if you take "huge offense" then your still not getting the picture man. you need to step back from your ego and take a look at the truth in their words, if they are false then you can either counter them with a rational argument or just ignore it.

you have too much pride or you are stupid. i believe it is pride just by what i've read but your not going for president here so i will say it on last time INTERNET FORUM, IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL JUST ENJOY WHAT YOU CAN !!!IGNORE THE REST!!!

11. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

yeah, what she said

12. indescribability

Umm yes I have jackass. I scraped another car with my car. Did $525 dollars in damage. I'd already paid my insurance company $1200 in premiums for the year, yet thye bitched me out about the accident AND raise my premiums. In essence they charged me for something I've already paid for. Fuck you and what you think you know.

13. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

age is a factor, though -- I know my premiums went WAY down when I turned 25 (on the same vehicle), and I think there is another reduction at 45 or 50

one of the perks of getting older..........

14. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

who lit the fuse to your tampon, that was really uncalled for...I would so love to plant my foot up your ass...

15. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

this is like the reverse incredible hulk syndrome. instead of turning into a big, strong, yet ultimately kind hearted green monster, this bruce banner turns into a big old screaming baby.

16. KarmaComa

KarmaComa Member

17. KarmaComa

KarmaComa Member

I understand the point he is making. Why pay in advance for something that may or may not happen? I think that the insurance company should give you a partial refund at the end of the year if you haven't been in any accidents.

Still though, the world is not ideal and you should have insurance. I got in a very bad car accident when I was younger and had the person not had insurance I would STILL be paying the hospital bills. Back then the minimum coverage was only $20,000 per person and that barely covered my bills. I had the option of sueing and taking their trailor and whatnot, but I didn't go that route.

I've driven without insurance and will again if I have to, but it's really not a good idea. I prefer to cover my own ass. Not only that, but it takes proof of insurance to get your drivers license and register your vehicle in this state.

It doesn't take name calling to get your point across.

18. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

1500 a year is a lot, but thats probably due to your age and what kind of vehicle you have, and your previous driving record. if you would provide us with that info, we might be able to tell if you have a right to bitch about it or not. like someone said before, drive well and you dont have to pay as much. mine runs around 650-700 a year for full coverage on a 5 year old car. if you cant afford full coverage, you can just get liability. but you gotta have liability, at least. my premiums went down alot after I turned 25. males have to pay more from ages 16-24 because we are a huge risk factor. most accidents happen with males during that age because we are more than likely to be more dangerous and take more risks.

come to think of it, 1500 sounds really high for a car with just liability, do you have full coverage on your vehicle?? and what kind of car do you drive? maybe you should think about getting a different kind of vehicle where you dont have to pay full coverage, and liability would be much cheaper. and what is your driving record like?

ohh and you said if some other unisured asshole ran into you, both of you would pay for your damages?? like I said before, what if it was his fault?? what if the guy or girl ran a stoplight, and they had a big old truck which didnt do much damage to theirs and your car was totalled?? then what?? I guess you will pay for your own damages, and they for theirs (like you said it should be). you have a bmw and they have an old lemon. they run a stop sign, smack into you, your car has $7000 in damage, theirs is totalled, but their vehicle was only worth about 250. but, according to the way you think it should be done, you have to pay for your own damages, and they pay for theirs. since neither have insurance. so I guess youd be screwed, eh?? but thats the way you want it.

Im not going to argue with you.

19. indescribability

CrummyRummy did. He's been calling me a moron, a dumbass, and other things repeatedly while I ask him to stop calling me names. Where were you when he told me, "Hit me uninsured and I'll kill everybody you love"

Wtf is with the double standard here? I was being polite until I was repeatedly belittled by the same asshole.

20. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

i dont think someone calling you a dumbass and such can compare for you basically saying you hope you crash and kill his family..yeah, not the same level there sporto...