Cant You Feel It?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Skratch, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Obituary~Birthday

Obituary~Birthday Member

i feel it. ive been feelin it since november and now i'm gettin ready for whatever comes

wish me monsters!

2. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

I have felt it for a year now.

I had a dream about it, the backwoods that I live in now was starting to become urbanized, then it got real cloudy and lightening was striking all the buildings, the year was 2012, and people had a portal to another world, everything in it was different, the plants were purple and the sky was redish pink, and the governement forced the living to go there, because after they went they were going to destroy the portal, well I went and I noticed some nature lovers in a small patch under a weird tree in the new world, and they were talking about creating a destraction to go back through the portal and come and live back on the earth as Indians and stuff, and I was in on it nad we came and the portal was destroyed and I remember us building huts out of bamboo on the shore of the creek by myhouse, when we got back, years had passed and a lot of the forests had already taken over, and we were going to heal the Earth. It was awesome.

3. Syntax

Syntax Senior Member

Maybe, maybe. I can't say that I "feel" anything changing except for myself. Strange things are happening, though, and that is certain. Strange weather, strange and illegal wars, strange election results and ... well, none of it seems to be quite right.

It could be just the natural cycle of things, the fractal and repeating nature of the universe. Just like Rome fell after becoming too great, just like the 60's happened after people have become to materialistic... It could be something like that. I hope it'd be something like that.

4. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

you're not the only one

Anywho, I have feelings of just wanting to get out and travel and leave this place and brave the elements with basic needs, food, water, clothes, music and money to get more food and water along with shelter. Thats all you need!

5. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

Well

Last Christmas at around 9 PM

On the way home from my grandma's house

I looked out the window of the car

And I knew a new era had begun

6. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

I have felt mysterious feelings as well, and know that with how things are rapidly changing (not nessecarily progressing at al) that they arent going to keep on changing steadily, something, or someone is going to be affected and something and someone (poeple) are going to change.

7. Sunny.Fey

Sunny.Fey Member

dident the age of Pisces just end? Pisces being the religous, dreamers of the Zodiac, now things are starting to change, and i think jupiter is in retrograde, or thats what my sister said..she knows those things I dont, But I've been feeling something big is about to happen for like, more then the past 6 months..the energy has been really weird lately, me being a pisces like the more mystic zodiac sign, maybe I feel it more, sometimes i can almost see it too? like heat riseing offa cars? thats kinda what it looks like..wow im nuts...

8. Zypher

Zypher Member

I totally agree that it's a whole new era like "draw cards and choose sides" kinda thing it's really become a war of fear, ignorance and religios extremism (from bin laden to bush) verse knowldegde and understanding. I think we need a revival of a 1960/70's style youth rebellion. Because speaking for my own generation there bogus and ignorant and belive everything and don't question or think for themselves. Not everything we're served up is wrong but that's not grounds enough to belive it's all ok and it's not our problem. I mean, its our world and we're giving it away and oneday we'll realise its up to us to fix it and not have a clue bout whats happened.

9. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

i read the title of this thread and had to open it...it is something that i have felt for a while too..and it is wonderful to read others feeling the same and to not think you are crazier than you already know that you are:)

10. Skratch

Skratch Member

hey do you guys think the new pope will be able to throw up signs in the sky?

11. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

People say we are destroying the planet, but I think realistically we are just destroying ourselves. Global warming(as an example) will not destroy the planet, but will wipe out most humans, leaving the planet empty for a new lifeform to take over.
    I think our time is running out and only people who are willing to live in harmony with Earth will survive.

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i forgot to mention however, this feeling of speeding up is fairly normal for people growing up id say...
    probably why its teenagers who often want to change and band up against adults, the feeling of change and time warp that all teenagers go through.

13. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

its bc of the age of aquarius!

yes. i have been waiting for this my entire life.

Its not the armegeddon or judgement day, etc. Everythings about to change.

14. Syntax

Syntax Senior Member

You wish. If mankind is going down, all of it is going down. It will be too late to be in harmony with anything.

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yer, the people who want peace will be the first to go if worst comes to worst

16. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

How so?

17. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I don't know, but I certainly don't want to drive myself insane obsessing over it. I've got way too much to live for right now and I don't want to use my precious time on this earth worrying and waiting for it all to go to crap. Not fun.

18. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

because the people with power are the ones who will survive longer and the people with power dont want peace because it would mean they lose power

19. KevinSmith

KevinSmith Member

Major Peacenik, that was around the exact time that the Asian Tsunami hit, my fiance felt it at that exact time, that is probably what you felt then too. ;)

Floyd Soul, you are dead on. ;)

I have felt this for a long time now, it has affected my life and caused many changes. I have felt the urge to give up my career plans as a computer programmer and learn basic survival. There are some other new feelings that have come over us that we don't quite understand. Such as seeking another female for a triad relationship. We've already been together for 5 years and never really considered such a thing until recently. Except now it's more pressing, like there is someone also looking for us.

20. Lemongait

Lemongait Member

ALRIGHT!
    How many of you people will just go back to your school or job after writing that you're feeling something, that something HAS to be done, to living in your houses with tv and all of the modern luxuries?
    Kevin Smith, I already posted this on your Exodus thread, and I posted it somewhere else too, but I want to get this out. PEOPLE: this is meant to be taken very seriously! Read this and think about what you want to do with your life.

... In a month or so I will be permanently leaving my home in Ottawa, Canada to travel about North America, sleeping in a tent, hitchhiking, and surviving by my own wit and skill... I've been planning this out for months, it is basically what I would have as an ideal lifestyle in our world, a back-to-nature vagabond / anarchist sort of thing, except without all of the scary destructive anarchist tripe.
    I have a dream (wait, I'm sure someone else said that already) of a world where people get along because of love and the "common good" rather than laws and all that sort of thing.
    My plan is to travel across Canada to see my Grandparents in BC and then attend a hitchhiker happening in the Yukon in the middle of this summer, and then once I turn 18 in September, I'll be heading into the states to spend the colder seasons.
    Anyhow, the point of this post is, if any of you actually want to start living a somewhat more humaine and natural lifestyle (albeit a nomadic one, at least for the forseeable future) rather than just talking about some sort of a revolution from the comfort of your living rooms (And I don't mean that in a condescending way, what you're all saying is great, but honestly, it won't do a thing).
    My email address is lemongait@hotmail.com ... contact me PLEASE if you have ANY slight interest in joining me, or even just knowing more. I can't wait to get to know all of you!

So, while I'm travelling about North America, I hope that at least a few of you will join me. Think about it!