Can't help myself, Bad habits

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bedlam, Jan 29, 2005.

1. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

Got any bad habits? Got any habits you know annoy the hell out of other people?

Maybe you crack your knuckles? Maybe you chew your hair?

Maybe we've had this topic before?

In any case, tell me all about your bad habits.

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i play with rubber bands and i wont stop for anyone. :)

3. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I crack everything, my knuckles, my neck, my back, my toes, my hips, my knees, literally everything. Even my jaw cracks now and then. Shit, even my collarbones can crack sometimes.

It's not a choice, therefore it's not a bad habit. If I didn't crack this stuff occasionally to relieve the built-up tension that makes it possible to crack, it'd just happen as I move anyway. I didn't ask for it, and I didn't start doing it and then get trapped by it the way someone starts smoking and then can't stop. It's just the way I'm built.

My bad habit lately is being unable to make myself go to sleep early to prevent sleeping through the next day.

-Jeffrey

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I smoke and chew pens.

5. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

i cant stand crackers! No offense! But one of my friends boyfriends is just like that - he's a sheet metal worker if that explains it..and it makes me almost feel quesey....

my bad habit...oh god ask my friends, they will probs go on for ages....
    probably being innapropriate in public (things i say etc)

also i peel my toe nails off instead of clipping them which is pretty gross...

i bet there are hundreds!

BSR - i dont think smoking really counts;)

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Well...yeah... I guess... it might not be that bad :p

I am really innapropriate in public...but that's not a bad habit...it's an original habit :D

7. clockworkorangeagain

haha i am glad i am not as original as i used to be..but then again now i am more bitter and twisted...haha
    i dont think smoking is a "bad habit" because it is something relaxing and enjoyable... health wise it is disgusting...but so is most of the way we live our lives anyway...

health aside it is a friendly, social thing to do....even wehn i become a non-smoker i will believe that...i get sick of people saying it's dirty...the only dirty thing about it is when it is affecting other ppl around you..like children.

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Ay, I agree.. and that is why it might be considered a bad habit, since it's affection people around you.

9. prism

prism :o

I constantly think about eating corpses & dead rats. I guess I should stop doing that.

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I don't smoke... but second hand smoke has never ever been proven by any kind of legit research.

Its made up... and further more, I mostly associate with smokers, because their less likely to have some kinda stupid ass I don't smoke attitude.

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I can't stop pulling my pud.

12. clockworkorangeagain

haha ludui you crack me up...

but i think it is proven...one of my friends just had a baby and the midwife told her to always smoke after feeding the baby and to change clothes because holdng the baby's face to her shirt would contaminate her more than just normal passive smoke..

but thats what i meant about the smokers attitude,...i think we are way more laid back people

13. sooty_the_kat

sooty_the_kat Senior Member

laid back until they dont have anymore cigs and then they go fucking skitzo

w t f second hand smoke hasnt been proven my ass?! then what is that shit that im breathing in when someone is blowing smoke in my face and making my eyes water and coating tar shit onto my lungs. el stupido

14. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I do my best. :D

It really isn't...

In 1993 the EPA released a study finding that second hand smoke caused 3000 deaths a year... it was a bombshell, and many many bans on smoking in public followed...

But in 1998 a federal court ruled that the study couln't be used as a reference to make any political desicions, because they had proved no link between second hand smoke and cancer, and also ignored data that contradicted its predetermined conclusion...

In short, they lied.

I feel like taking up smoking... I agree smokers are usually way more chill.

15. clockworkorangeagain

i ahve been smoking for seven years..and i never skitz if i dont have smokes... in fact i have gone without (even though i have smokes) for about five days (lost my voice last weekend) and i could probs go without for another five...but if im stressy i like to have smokes...

16. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Gotta love them nicotine sticks.

Second hand smoking might have not been proven, but I still prefer to respect other people and not blow it in thier face... I go outside when I need a smoke... gives me a chance to get in touch with nature and look at the stars. ( I tend to smoke alot more in the night)

17. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Well, yeah I'm not saying you shouldn't go outside to smoke or anything... I just think its sad that somebody would just make up something like that.

God damn liberals. :D

18. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

It pisses me off that I might go to study in Cali, and that you can't smoke in bars there... wtf is that?! You drink..and smoke... it's automatic!

19. clockworkorangeagain

yeah it's being banned from bars here to..which is total shite! most people i see at clubs/bars do smoke....and even non-smokers have the occassional cigarette...

yes lodui invest in destroying your lungs today!!!

i also am a night smoker...but i am a night person in general

20. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I know... because somebody feels that they're self important enough to not want smoke in their hair, they get to tell the whole bar they can't smoke?