Cannabis: The Next Diabetes Drug?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by DdC, May 24, 2013.

1. DdC

DdC Member

* Marijuana tied to better blood sugar control
    Reuters via Yahoo! Canada News - May 23 12:43pm
    By Genevra Pittman NEW YORK - People who had used marijuana in the past month had smaller waists and lower levels of insulin resistance - a diabetes precursor - than those who never tried the drug, in ... more

*more Marijuana Blood Sugar stories »

Search results

* Cannabis use associated with lower blood sugar Fox News
    A new study published in the American Journal of Medicine has revealed a potential benefit from the use of cannabis. The article investigated the blood.

* Marijuana tied to better blood sugar control
    Yahoo! News NEW YORK (Reuters Health)
    People who had used marijuana in the past month had smaller waists and lower levels of insulin resistance - a diabetes precursor - than ...news.yahoo.com/marijuana-tied-better-blood-sugar-control.

* Regular Marijuana Users May Be Skinnier, Have Better Blood
    May 15, 2013 People who regularly smoke marijuana may have better control of their blood sugar and may be skinnier than non- marijuana users, according to a new study .

[​IMG]

"Marijuana: The Next Diabetes Drug?”

Toking up may help marijuana users to stay slim and lower their risk of developing diabetes, according to the latest study, which suggests that cannabis compounds may help in controlling blood sugar.

The research included over 4,600 men and women participating in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey between 2005 and 2010. Among them, 48% had smoked marijuana at least once in their lives, and 12% were current cannabis smokers. The authors controlled for other factors like age, sex, income, alcohol use, cigarette smoking and physical activity that could also affect diabetes risk.

Marijuana Blood Sugar - Video Results * more links

Cannabis plants could provide a new treatment for obese patients at risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
    By Richard Gray, Science correspondent
    9:00AM BST 08 Jul 2012

video: marijuana-the-next-diabetes-drug

* Granny Storm Crow's MMJ List

* Wasting Obesity on Ganja

* Endocannabinoids

* Starving Babies and Illegal Food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgyjHbkakTg"]420RADIO News for Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - YouTube

2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I read this article the other day. I'm a type 1 diabetic and I do notice that when I smoke marijuana, it has a great effect on my blood sugar and lowers it.

I think it's just that marijuana is great for Everything...
    it's a "cure" all miracle plant

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

How does it cure diabetes? It doesn't restore the insuline production to normal again I think. It can have positive benefits I'm sure but to cure it is a different thing. Sorry to nitpick ;) :p
    I have read about other breakthroughs regarding diabetes, it seems there's more chance on curing it by injecting healthy cells in pancreasses (sp) that are on insuline strike :p It's amazing really how they progress slowly but surely! Now, if we only knew why there are so many diabetics in the first place...

4. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

..I didn't mean to make it sound like it's a cure

I meant, marijuana, is a remedy for many, many ailments...

I have been promised a cure for diabetes is "just around the corner" for 20 years now...
    I sorta gave up on waiting for that one. I think a natural cure is out there but people will keep it hush, right..because people are greedy and want to continue making a profit off of all the prescription drugs currently on market to treat diabetes.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It seems the majority of the medicine industry is too greedy for human good so even when they find the breakthrough treatment/cure we would most likely have to wait to get it available to everyone until they can mass produce it and make a profit on it. Luckily when there are many patients producing and selling the cure is more beneficial and there's more chance of rapid development. Yes, it's kind of sickening but this is how it works. In the case of diabetes I think there is a large chance that in 20 years there's a good cure in practice!

6. DdC

DdC Member

Cannabis is the great balancer. It works on the cannabinoid system to regulate functions. It brings them back to the original DNA recipe. I relate it to a boiler water level regulator. If its too low a low level limit switch is activated and increases water flow. If the water gets too high it decreases the flow. Cannabis eliminates the appetite pangs of hunger for obesity and it stimulates the appetite for wasting syndrome. The most well know attribute of cannabis is the munchies. It also does the same for gout and arthritis over producing lubricant causing pressure by curtailing the immune system and increases immune production for antibiotic effects. Blood sugar levels are apparently no different in too rich a mix it slows down insulin and too lean it increases it. Leaving out scruples, it isn't hard to see how this one plant could be so devastating to Big Pharma profits. Thanks to Nixon lumping in Hemp many Walmartians are relieved for prohibition in spite of how this one plant could help the environment and economy.