Canadian tax payers pay 30.1 million for Syrian torture

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Beach Ball Lady Balls, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

Yes just about. I particularly like when Trudeau says that the Canadian people should get use to paying, because these foreign governments broke Canadian law. like he did to the guantoimo guy. This is more about trudeaus and the liberal government willingness to deny the people here and allow for loop holes in our laws to be exploited. Even creating loop holes so that it is not in the interest of the collective Canadian people.

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Lots of immigrants who have settled in Canada identify as Canadian, especially people born here to immigrant parents. Maybe you just need to spend more time with them?

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The point of discussion is you claimed people who go to Syria risk being subject to sharia law. This is not true. Syria doesn't apply sharia law on a national level, the details about their government system you posted does not change that.
    If you go abroad to another country its smart to be aware of the differences in rules and laws because indeed, they apply to you too. This does not mean westerners can not or shouldn't travel to countries with a more serious form of sharia law. They just have to be aware of the differences and possible risks. As said before: Iran is a great example of that. Syria not.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Ironically, this reminded us all to give a shit about Canada. Causing the thread to take off.

5. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I give a Shit !

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Though I didn't read through the thread, I just think that it's definitely a good thing that those poor men are being compensated. Even if the fault of the government was indirect, if there's any question as to who was at fault I think it's appropriate that there be some sort of settlement. I say it's great! :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Let me reiterate this for you. Perhaps you will grasp that their legislation and laws and sharia law.

And while Syrias Constitution does allow freedom of religion, the Government does restricts this right. While there is no official state religion, syrias constitution requires that the president must be Muslim and says that Islamic jurisprudence, an expansion of Sharia Islamic law, is a principal source of legislation.

8. Beach Ball Lady Balls

No they don't! Ask a Canadian and they will yell you otherwise! Ask an immigrant living in Canada and they most likely will say elsewhere rather than Canadian!

Ask khadr, who is a terrorist in canada, who received over 10 million. He was born here but never identified as being Canadian. Spent more time in Afghanistan than on Canadian soil. And when he is c
    And those three spent more time out of this country than in it. One had been out for over 3 years. Another for10 years. Not sure why one was visiting family in afghanistan and then crossed into Syria.

As Trudeau said, no matter what crimes they committed in those countries they did not adhere to Canadian laws so we must papay for what another country, another government did.

9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Are you saying it's OK for the government to utilize torture as long as it's on foreign soil? Whether or not you believe these men should be Canadian citizens, the fact is that they are Canadian citizens. You gotta keep your government accountable for what it does.

1 person likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Sigh.. Nobody was arguing otherwise. The point is they do not apply sharia law on foreign visitors. Unlike other countries with more serious forms of sharia law (like Iran, that also still gets western tourists. To illustrate the original point of discussion, which started with your assertion that going to a country under sharia law is asking for problems anyway :))

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

from what ive seen in news reports ....they arent paying because they were tortured

they are paying because they were arrested and tortured because of wrong information that the canadian agencies such as CSIS provided to those countries

1 person likes this.
  12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that the problem lies with the amount of the compensation. Paying someone who is been treated unjustly a few thousand is fine, but turning them into multi millionaires is crazy and an insult to honest tax payers.

3 people like this.
  13. Beach Ball Lady Balls

I guess you want your government to take tax money and pay each person out of guantonimo bay 10 million, and while you are at it how about paying back Canadians for the 10 plus million that we had to pay to a known terrorist who spent years in guantonimo bay and killed Canadians and Americans. How about while at it pay the court fees too and the fees to get them back on this soil. Make sure you contact your government to do this. Get a petition going and lots of signatures. while at it include every murderer in the USA to get compensated as well for their unfair treatment in prison. Make sure you include compensation for that poor terrorist family that went to Afghanistan and the Americans help to get free. They are looking for compensation as well from the American and Canadian people for their so called bad treatment in another country! You are responsible! Look forward to that. It is your responsibility for what another does. How about every family that is has a person murdered in it by civilians get compensated too, with tax dollars! As well as any American held in a foreign prison or jail who broke a law in a foreign country that differs from your laws or are not given the benefits your country offers in conditions.

14. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Nail > Head moment its insane !

15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

here you go again stretching the truth,,,,omar kadir did not kill a Canadian....dude if you have to lie to make a point the whole point is invalid.....omar was 16 at the time....I trust my government to not pay money needlessly....why would they?

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

No, but I think you may be onto something about court fees :)

I'm just going off of your thread title. I didn't do the reading I guess, so I just thought maybe the government could see where these men were tortured and that someone was at fault.

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

the amounts are ridiculous but what do you expect from politicians and lawyers...they are not in touch with the reality of an average working canadian citizen

1 person likes this.
  18. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Perhaps you would like to tell me who those bombs killed that he was video taped making? Enough Canadians have died by such bombs and his attacks were against the western world, which includes Canada, unfortunately he just got caught with one incident! I would also like to know how he is Canadian when he was born in 1986 yet his family left Canada in 1985! Reason was because the mother and father did not like western society! Did not like Toronto! While his family only returned to Canada to abuse our medical treatment and welfare system. to fight for his rights in Canada who barely resided here! while at the same time appearing in court to support the terrorist (17 in Toronto) who planned to set off bombs in Toronto!

19. Beach Ball Lady Balls

18 000 pages and found a little sentence or two for each of these individuals. That did not cause them to be captured in the first place! It did not prolong their interrogation either of bring on any torture they may have endured!

20. Beach Ball Lady Balls

The Canadian government did not torture them! Syrian and Egyptian did and was not in any way the result of the Canadian government! We paid for what a foreign government did! they are Syrian! Just ask them. They were interrogated by their own Syrian government!