Canadian tax payers pay 30.1 million for Syrian torture

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Beach Ball Lady Balls, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

Ottawa pays $31.3M to 3 men tortured in Syria

Because it is canadas and Canadians fault they chose to travel there or so says the liberals.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/torture-syria-31-million-1.4372689

2. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

No one gives a shit about Canada!

3. Beach Ball Lady Balls

^Obviously by the responses. Canadians are great at saying sorry for things they don't need to apologize for! Sorry you went to Syria and Egypt. Sotrrry that Egypt and Syria interrogated you! So sorry for what another country did and our indirect responsibility that we will compensate you millions of dollars! And say SORRY!

4. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

... bad thread....and then this dumb and ignorant stereotypical comment

what's the matter belch ball.....thread wouldn't launch so you thought you'd say something shitty to get it going....lol....content is everything....this ones a fail

6. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Thanks for your 2 cents! What's the matter rolling along? Are you angry with your life and need to resort to grade school name calling? Funny thing is you gave a like and then took it away! Was this so that you could attempt to insult, name call and contribute nothing?

I Never said anything shitty, which you well know! Just said the truth! the one who said something shitty was you! But I don't care what you have to say! Your response Is definitely a fail and juvenile, like your life! Roll along now!

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm sorry the 31 million went to 3 tortured countrymen instead of you, OP.

1 person likes this.
  8. Asmodean

^
    Look ma! I sound like a Canadian :p

2 people like this.
  9. Beach Ball Lady Balls

^Assinine! I am sorry you feel that your country is responsible for you when you are travelling to a foreign country. Suggest you go to Syria and let me know how that works out for you and if you have a leg to stand on when you return and try to sue your government, the people, for what happens to you when you travel there!

How is your attempts at trolling working out for you? LOL. Lost your side kick I see!

10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

From the link you posted:

Why shouldn't they be compensated?

11. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Why don't you tell me why they should? Because their interrogators said something that means it is true and they should be compensated?

12. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Because a 2008 federal inquiry found the actions of Canadian officials contributed indirectly to the torture of the three men.

1 person likes this.
  13. Asmodean

I would advise you to read better or brush up your interpretation skills if it wasn't clear you 'misinterprete' stuff on purpose.
    These people in your OP did not got compensation simply for travelling to Syria OR because they were hold and tortured there.
    People do not react to your liking so you make (false and irrelevant) personal assumptions to trigger them. Nice try :p

2 people like this.
  14. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

If he went and then his country passed along false information that led to him being imprisoned and tortured, I think that he would be well within his rights to ask for compensation.

2 people like this.
  15. Asmodean

Lets not make this about a hypothetical situation based on a wrong assumption involving me and who i hold responsible or not when I travel abroad lol
    Its irrelevant and only uttered by the OP because he's butthurt about us not falling for his bullshit.

1 person likes this.
  16. Beach Ball Lady Balls

That indirect inquiring ruled that not getting them out faster or defending them in a country that does not recognize Canada's charter of rights and freedoms, a country that does not recognize our rights as Canadian on Their soil, as being the rights they are entitled to. A country that follows sharia law and never signed on for the Geneva convention. These three, not to mention the one earlier this year also receiving 10 million, all used our charter as if it crossed borders and applied in other countries that do not adhere to our laws.

Our laws do not cross borders but as Trudeau likes to think so, said we have to compensate for the actions of any government that does not recognize our charter of rights and freedoms as Canadians! Further said that what they did in that country is irrelevant because torture is not the Canadian way.

17. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

30 million is too much !
    Someone I know walked off a bridge When he was a kid and fell 90 Feet onto the road He is 35 now and still cant walk properly ( the hand rails were 3 ft high )
    He didnt get even anywhere near 1 million !! Put things into perspective Eh ?
    Not saying they were not wronged are they damaged still ?
    just my 2p

1 person likes this.
  18. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Mathematically, each man gets 0.28 Canadian dollars from each citizen of the country...big outrage there.

1 person likes this.
  19. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

This means they picked his ass up somewhere and then transferred him to a black site. That means they put a bag over his head and packed him on plane to fucking nowhere.

10M for 26 months in the hole? That's chickenshit.

2 people like this.
  20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

don't feed the troll, unless of course it's delicious and nutritious

[​IMG]