Canadian Growing... Do they really prosecute?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by MaryJane69, Sep 10, 2009.

1. MaryJane69

MaryJane69 Member

Hello my fellow MJ lovers.

I'm renting a place deep in the country next year and we have a huge forest in front of our house. we're going to grow around 15-25 plants, spread out around the forest (not in clumps, helicopters go by once in awhile to check for big grow ops) In this area there have been busts before but usually for multi million dollar grow ops. Will the cops be concerned with us even if they did see our few plants??

My question for you guys... I have been researching how many plants you can grow without facing serious consequences, but I can't get a straight answer. I've never had any offenses before, and my plants would mostly be for me and friends (not much dealing)

If we get caught with these plants, what could happen to us? We definitely wouldnt be growing more than 25 and maybe a few in the house just in case someone steals our outdoor plants lol!

thanks for your help, much love.

2. SithLocked Holmes

SithLocked Holmes Member

I've had a friend busted for a mere 12 plants. The cops knew didn't give two shits - but then someone (neighbour? I don't recall) officially reported it and they had to bust.

Sometimes even the growers with licenses will get raided. There's no sure thing.
    It's also going to depend on who you're dealing with: RCMP, OPP, QPP ?

It's kinda like having sex. If you're gonna do it, be careful. And realize that even if you use every precaution, sometimes things go wrong. If you don't think you can handle the charge, then don't do the deed.

If you're really concerned about it. Hire yourself a lawyer, he'll know the law of where you're at specifically and if anything does go wrong, you've already got a lawyer lined up.
    :cheers:

3. MaryJane69

MaryJane69 Member

hey, thanks for the post.

Would be dealing with QPP most likely. I'm not really scared of getting caught but of course I am cautious. No one WANTS to get caught lol, but mostly I just want to know what they usually do with first time offenders who have roughly 20 plants.

I hear people say you'd likely just get probation for a first offense with under 100 plants, and other sources say you can get huge fines. Just trying to figure out whats what.

I believe its my right to grow a plant if I want to. Some laws are not meant to be obeyed.

4. MaryJane69

MaryJane69 Member

I really cant find ANY straight answers on what the laws are in Canada for getting caught growing under 50 plants. I mean I see some old info about a reform bill that I dont think ever passed.... hmm.

Any ideas????!

5. neuroptican

neuroptican ...hadouken!

ftw!