Canadian Citizenship

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by PhysicTrip, Jan 18, 2005.

1. PhysicTrip

PhysicTrip Member

I was just wondering if anyone here knows how one could become a citizen of the great country of Canada. Any ideas?

Thanks, Tony

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I just called to ask the prime minister, but he said to tell you he hates you.

3. psilonaut

psilonaut Mushroom Muncher

There ya go eh.

4. PhysicTrip

PhysicTrip Member

awesume thank you very much psilonaut

5. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

what the shit is with you non-canadians and your ideas about this damn country..... i don't get it.. why are we so damn wonderful? :eek:

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Thats what I'm saying...

I don't know what this is all 'aboot'. [​IMG]

No offense, but your country bores the crap outta me.

7. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

ah none taken lodui. me too me too haah

8. spooner

spooner is done.

can you skate? shoot a puck? if not, we don't want you.

9. Mui

Mui Senior Member

im pretty sure all you need to do is provide proof you can economically support yourself

10. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

11. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

have you ever been here? why do you want to be a canadian?

ps, http://www.marryanamerican.ca/

12. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I got an email that provided that link.

I wonder how many Canadians out there are really willing to marry an American they've never met.

13. jay

jay Member

why canada, well its like america lite, less fattine and less filling, all around a healthery choice

14. Lemur24

Lemur24 Member

My family and I applied for residency back in 97, it was way easier to get it back then... I'm not sure what the requirements are as I was only 12 years old back then and my mom took care of all the papers. All I remember is that they did an evaluation to see if we qualified and we just happened to have enough points to get it... They evaluated us based on my mom's financial status, profession, etc... You can apply for citizenship after 3 years as a resident and you can't leave the country for more than 6 months during that 3-year-period... mmm... that's as much info as I can give you right now.

Anyway, take care and good luck! Canada sure is a great country :)

15. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

But without the flavor.

16. PhysicTrip

PhysicTrip Member

hey thanks for the comments you guys. To start off, I visited canada last summer> i pretty much camped out in the woods and played tourist in a few small towns, and I have to say that I really enjoyed myself up there. It just seems alot more peaceful compared to south Florida( I actually felt safe walking on a sidewalk next to a busy road, fore here we have to worry about stray bullets). I have friends that own land way up in Northern Canada, and one of my best friends has dual citizenship so that he can stay with his mother down here. I'd most likely be living in the North East so those of you, who are worried that I might be "invading" your country all I have to say is (Insert degrading comment here). I'd like to own a few acres up there where I could start a small farm and blacksmith shop. I'm also pretty darn sick of how the US is run with war this and war that.
    So all I have left to say is, YES to fresh air, pot, snow, and peace, and NO to war, high health care, Hurricanes, blood baths, constant construction, heat waves and alot of more unpleasant stuff, and yes I know that Canada isnt perfect, but to me, life would be better there.

17. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

okay, you pass!

lol, those are all good enough reasons, i'll email the prime minister and tell him to let you in :p

18. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

But is it possible to find work if you are not a citizen? Or am I going to have to save up enough money to support myself for 3 years so I can become a citizen?

Uhh, nevermind. Found information about entering as a "skilled worker" on the website.

humandraydel

19. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

do you have any skills that are in demand?

there are always work visas

20. Lemur24

Lemur24 Member

Well... once you get residency and become a landed immigrant, you're legal and have the right to have a social insurance number, which means you can work. You don't necessarely need to be a citizen to work...