Can you get in trouble for young, budless plants?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by WhoWhatWhere, Sep 23, 2007.

1. WhoWhatWhere

WhoWhatWhere Member

I'm interested in knowing if you can get any serious penalties from having young plants, say, 3 two week olds? They are (of course) completely budless.

2. FarmerJ

FarmerJ Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In most of the US penalty is the same no matter the size of the plant, it goes by number of plants. Some states use weight. Feds go by number of plants.

3. ninfan77

ninfan77 Member

4. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Probably not but alot depends on the cop. Follow ^ and know before you grow the penalties can go way beyond any possession charge.

5. fishheadbob

fishheadbob Member

Probably not enough to bother with. Think about it, the local D.A. is plea bargaining child rapists cause there aint enough DA s to go around, doubtful that they're going to throw the book at you, but those guys do have strange priorities.

6. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Assuming that you want the plants to grow into full, healthy, very illegal ladies; it might be best to institute your anti-cop techniques from the start of the grow.

7. Archane

Archane Member

The cops found 8 of my seedlings in a field and I didnt get in any trouble.

8. FarmerJ

FarmerJ Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The only time they willreally break yr balls on a small grow is if it is in a location that they can seize, like yr house.

9. ninfan77

ninfan77 Member

Archane,

if you weren't at the plot, then of course you wouldn't get in trouble ;)

10. st3wy

st3wy Member

half the time if your growing something they will try and slap you with manufacturing and distribution and shit. there's ways around all that but they'll try and fuck you no matter what. It's not manufacturing according to NM state laws because to manufacture you have to extract a certain chemical. If your letting the bud grow it's in a natural state of being a plant. you could get away with it and get off with maybe probabtion if you said i'm gonna smoke all that shit. hard to say

11. st3wy

st3wy Member

A man in alamagordo NM got off with growing mushrooms because it's not manufacturing according to state laws. and he was not distributing even though they tried to slap him with it. The worst thing you could do is have dried bud or dried shrooms in storage when you got popped because they'll try and use that against you but if you just get caught growing i dont think it's as big of a deal. unless your distributing

12. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Do not be foolish. They will count every root ball, clone and stem in the house and area. They are going to weigh your plants while wet for maximum weight. It is still a felony and will tally the maximum they can. It is up to the police to determine if you are distributing regardless of what you claim and they will lie. A friend faced exactly what you refer to as "not a big deal" 5 years and $15,000 later he at least got his new Jeep returned. Of course now he is a felon and if caught again it only gets worse.

Be smart and do not assume "the man" is going to slap your wrist.

13. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

simplest way to avoid trouble

don't get busted.

I know it sounds stupid, but it's like with your grow...don't tell anyone. I've never seen or known of a grow that got busted because the pigs figured it out for themselves.

So if you don't tell anyone, don't advertise, and don't get sloppy or stupid with it, it's going to be very difficult to prove anything. Make it all unprovable.

i knew a guy that was going to get busted, and he ripped his dozen plants, sent them off with his friend to feed to a local farmer's cows, and when the cops busted in, he was sitting in the closet, the lights on, and planting tomato seeds. The cops searched the place, found no paraphernalia, and no evidence he was doing anything besides growing tomatoes in his closet. The case got thrown out, and the cops got suspended.

14. Born25YearsTooLate

Oh, and yes, you can get busted for small plants. If the amount of plant material (weighed while wet, btw.) isn't enough to bump you into big trouble, the LEOs will try and get you for manufacture, and/or intent to distribute.

15. PhearHendrix

PhearHendrix Member

if its budless...they cant arrest you...just say your using it to make hemp, for clothing, jewlery, and fuel..

16. Born25YearsTooLate

(laughs) If you live in the US, I have two words for you. Try it. And argue when you get busted, that you're growing it for food, clothes, fuel or jewelry. Depending on which state you're in, I'll see you in 5-25 years.

In the united states 'ANY' part or portion of the cannabis plant is considered the same as dried bud.

LEOs are taught to treat a single seed as equivalent to a pound of bud. So go ahead. Try it if you feel lucky, but on your own head be it when you find yourself sitting in jail with a large bunkmate named Otis, that thinks 'you is a purty little thang'.