Can You Fall In Love In A Dream

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by AndroidsDream, Mar 16, 2010.

1. AndroidsDream

AndroidsDream Guest

This is just a survey for responses for a project I am doing that is examining the theories of dreams.

You don't have to be right or wrong. Just tell me what you think. Your own opinion. Can you fall in Love in a Dream?:)

2. Slirthax

Slirthax Member

When you say fall in love, I'm assuming that you mean with a person. I think you can dream that you're in love with someone and that your with them, but if you feel the same way in real life, thats a different story.

3. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

I've fallen in love with characters in dreams that were completely made up and don't exist in my real life.
    Pretty painful when you wake up. :)

4. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Your dreams are not your reality. So while something might feel real, it isn't.

And Neodude... awww.

5. Slirthax

Slirthax Member

Yea, that's what I was trying to say.

6. TipsyGypsy

I think you said it pretty well :)

7. ~*hempy ∞ empires*~

~*hempy ∞ empires*~ Member

I think dreams are part of your reality for sure... just a different part of your consciousness coming to form, of course it is largely symbolical and metaphorical because the dream realm and dream consciousness exist on the astral plane, but it is my firm belief that dreams do pertain to your "real life." I see it in my own dreams all the time - 80% of my dreams I find are full of meaning which is absolutely connected with my waking consciousness. and the other 20% I assume I can't find the connection not because it's not there, but because I am not yet experienced/wise enough to comprehend the connection.

that being said, yeah, I've been having dreams about a girl I know for like three years... it kind of sucks, actually, because our beliefs are very different and we don't really talk to each other very often and spend time together even less. not a very good relationship and I tell myself she's just not the one for me because I don't know if we could ever get along in a romantic relationship so I kind of give up on it and move on but then I have another fucking dream that is just like my subconscious yelling at me that she is somehow important to me... and I feel unable or unwilling to fulfill this destiny that is trying to work itself into my waking reality. it really depresses me sometimes.

8. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

in high school i fell in love with a good frined of mine in a dream. he was himself, but very different.

that being said, i say no. i mean, sure you technically did in the dream, but in the waking reality it didn't happen. it may change the dreamer's thoughts temporarily (or longer perhaps) but it's going to be one sided. ALSO dreams change things about reality, so its likely even if you kknow the person in the dream, the person isn't the same a the person you know in waking consciousness.

maybe just maybe there are people who are connected well enough to meet in dreams, but that is just me stating something that is a possibility like infinite unproven or even yet to happen things.

9. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

With a real person, or with someone in your dreams?

The question is not clear enough for me to answer.

10. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Falling in love, is a dream.

11. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

The wierdest thing happened and this thread just made me realise it.

I had a dream about two or three months ago (really weird dream involving whiskey, reading brothels (kind of hard to explain) and my uncle), basically there was a woman in my dream, black hair just past her shoulder, wearing a red and grey checkered shirt. She had glasses and couldnt speak any English, I dont know what country she was from. We were just lying down together and she was telling me loads of things but I dont know how because of the language problems...you know the way stuff happens like that in dreams though...

Anyway, we got really close and then I woke up, told a few people about my dream and jokingly said it was a sign that I have to find this girl.
    Forgot about the dream till this thread but a month ago I met a Hungarian girl in town and something clicked between us instantly.

She was wearing a red, purple, orange, black and grey checkered shirt a bit different to the dream one, she had dark brown hair just past her shoulders, slightly longer than the dream girl, she didnt have glasses but Ive seen a picture of her with glasses and she spoke a good bit of english but still not much.

How fucking mad is that!? :D I didnt remember till now but Im going to have to remind my friends of the "dream girl" :p since we met, we really connected and now were going travelling through Europe together in August and Im going to live in Hungary for a while. Crazy stuff :D

12. ~*hempy ∞ empires*~

~*hempy ∞ empires*~ Member

^^ what did I say?! :D

congratulations by the way man... sounds like your destiny is coming to form! follow the coincidences to the omega point and Shine On ~ ~

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sure, with the imaginary compound people in the dream, who may have little or nothing to do with anyone you encounter in life when awake.

14. spooky elektrikk

spooky elektrikk Member

I once did, I assume. The feeling lingered on until I woke up. It's strange that I still can remember the guy's name up to now.

15. TipsyGypsy

Coincidence.

16. Bad.Fish

Thats what I would usually think, I dont usually go in for all the supernatural shite but the way that dream was and the way she was, was too much to put down to thats...I mean its not every woman that will travel half way across the world to see you on a whim :D

17. TipsyGypsy

You said you met her in town one day, how is that her travelling across the world to see you on a whim?

I could have a dream about a dog, and then meet someone walking a dog and assume that the dream was telling me that I was to meet them. It's only a dream and I really don't believe they have anything to do with real life.

18. bubbler211

bubbler211 Member

RE: Dreams,has anybody else noticed when you dont smoke pot that your dreams are a lot more vivid? just a thought tossed out on the floor

19. Bad.Fish

Because since then, shes booked a plane ticket to Ireland to come and stay with me for a week. Also, in August we are meeting in Bruges and hitching across Europe for a month before we go back to Pécs (where shes from) where shes been able to find me work on her parents farm :)

Thats pretty special as far as Im concerned :)

20. wild-flowers

wild-flowers forever arbitrary

You can fall in love with an idea of the perfect person you may have met in a dream.
    I have lucid dreams, so it's very possible.