Can You Act Yourself

Discussion in 'People' started by mariecstasy, Jun 1, 2004.

1. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

around people when you are dealing w/ lots of issues and are screwed in your mind?

2. Acid_Rain

Acid_Rain Member

i'm an awesome pretender. I've been doin it all my life...if something's bothering me, i try not to let anyone know about it. I'm so used to dealing with everything myself.

3. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The question presumes that one acts oneself at other times. I'm never certain which aspect of me is considered "myself". I also am not sure what "screwed in your mind" means.

4. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I'm also not sure "screwed in your mind" means, but I can do a good job of pretending like something's not bothering me when it really is. Usually, if something's bothering me, I try to solve the problem by myself without letting anyone know what's wrong.

5. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

i'm terrible at hiding my feelings. i can be such a drag sometimes.

6. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

lol , you and i are totally opposite.

I just can't act the same around people if something is bothering me, some how the other person just knows. They read my facial expressions I guess, but I adore people who can pretend like you do. You sort of get along with people great then... if you can do that.

I think people were like me before they evolved into more complex creatures like you... :( no place for us simple folk.

7. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Well I certainly don't act like someone else when I'm screwed up. But like a few other people said, I find it easy to cover up what I'm really feeling. The problem comes when something's bothering me so bad that I can't concentrate, and then I lose sleep, which leads to playing ungodly amounts of videogames to pass the time, leading to Red Bull and Mountain Dew binges, which leaves me in a schizophrenic-like state of mind after a few days of no sleep. After that I'm not "myself," I'm a nervous, paranoid wreck coming off a 72 hour caffene trip. Luckily that dosen't happen often, only a few times a week.

8. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

There is only 2 72hrs period in a week. Do you mean in a month?

9. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

No, that was a joke.

10. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

I can... Nobody can tell when I'm upset unless I want them to notice

11. Ellis

Ellis Member

Yeah, same here.
    I almost never show my feelings.
    It's not that I don't want to, but I can't really find the right words to discribe them when I'm upset...

12. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

around certain ppl i can always act the way i want but around certain ppl when i cant say something i want to i just get really sad around them

13. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i usually try to put on a front. especially when dealing with my kids and sometimes even other family when i am having "personal" issues................. just to make things in my house run smoother. best not stir up the whole herd