can this work

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by princess17, Jun 24, 2006.

1. princess17

princess17 Member

well as everyone proboly knows me and my fiance broke up about 8 months ago. ive tryed everything to get him back including sleeping with him. wich now i know was stupid. so im at the last step. see while we've been broken up i still saw him everyday and talked to him everyday and yes slept with him not everyday though only a few times. so i figure the saying is right "guys want what they cant have" and he hasent had anytime to miss me yet because i was giving him all of the goodies when we wernt together so i told him not to call me anymore and that i dont want to see him anymore. i told him that if he wants to see the kids thats fine he can call my mom and she will meet with him with the kids so i dont have to see him. so is that a good idea? maybe now he will se what he lost because befor he dident really think that he lost anything because i was still around acting like his girl. do u think this will bring him back or is it a good test to see if he really loves me? my mom told me that " if u truly love someone they cant stay away frome u for that long " do u think thats true please post to this asap. thanx

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

3. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

come on , move on , dump him and move on, you can do so much more with your life, stop wasting your time on him.

4. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

How about focus on raising your children instead of trying to make someone love you?? If he wants to be with you, he will. If not, he won't.

5. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Please read the Guidlines on the Women's Issues Forum. Threads which specifically pertain to Relationships should be put on the Relationships Forum. I wil move this, now.

Thank you.

6. dawn_sky

dawn_sky Senior Member

No, I don't think it will make him love you again. You can't MAKE anyone love you. No matter WHAT you do.

But, I think it is a very good idea. For your own health and the good of your children, you need to spend some time away from him and think about the reasons you two split. If you had a wonderful, healthy, loving relationship, you would still be together. Stop putting a rose colored gloss over everything and admit that maybe he is not "the one" for you. Life happens, you're only 19.

I would hate to think where I would be now if I had made the mistake of marrying the man I wanted to marry when I was 19.

Focus on yourself, focus on your children, focus on building a life that does not depend on a man. Then, once you are strong and confident on your own, a good man will come along.

Stop wasting your time on this guy who obviously doesn't really want to be with you.

7. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

princess,

I would advise you NOT to test him like that. You can't gain anything solid out of mind games of such nature, other than the fact that you'd be far better off just to move on. He can see your children, as he naturally should. But don't actually TRY to get back together with him by putting him through mind games. If you sincerely want him back, re-evaluate your relationship with him, and try to determine whether or not getting back together will truly be worth it. And take ALL THE TIME you need to do so. Be patient. Patience is the virtue.

Good luck!