Can the U.S. Government Read Minds?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Jimbee68, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Sounds a little paranoid, I know. But let me explain.

As I already said on another thread, I think the U.S. government is secretly hoarding technology. I mean, it just stands to reason? Call it the deep state, or whatever you want.

And as my H.S. chemistry/physics teacher once told us, the brain is just another electrical device. Really. And it is giving off all manner of EM radiation. It's true.

Anyway, it would take some pretty sophisticated technology to actually read someone's mind, especially at a distance. So on this last one, I just don't know.

What do the rest of you think?

And BTW, don't worry if they are. I don't know about you. But I personally have some pretty garden variety thoughts. So I'm not worried. YMMV.

:)

2. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

they did iT 2 me

its a chip

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

They can barely think for themselves...

jagerhans likes this.
  4. Hip Pickle Rick

Hip Pickle Rick Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No need to read minds, when your expertise is brainwashing.

5. endlessdistanthills

endlessdistanthills Members

I don’t believe in telepathy myself. I'm not saying it's not possible, but, at this point in my life, I just don't believe.

That having been said, even if the governmentcould read minds, what are they going to do with billions of thoughts every moment. I don't think anyone, including the government cares what a person thinks. They only care about actions. Don't conspire to do something illegal, don't commit to an action that is illegal, and you should be virtually invisible...as in chameleon invisible. Actually, you are probably ok with doing a certain amount of illegal activity before anyone notices.

6. endlessdistanthills

endlessdistanthills Members

Oops, I was trying to edit previous post

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not sure i understand the question, but i can think of several possible answers.
    the most mundane being from the shere mass of accumulated data, a great many probable conclusions can be extracted about almost anyone.
    governments aren't exactly sapient beings, however much they may seem, and be credited, to resemble hive minds.
    as for technologies in spook shops (intelligence agencies) or other tecniques, men and women who stare at goats, et al, the unknown is unknown but not inconceivable.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes, Absolutely

9. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: An intelligent Government ??? - with Hephatrump in charge ??? - are you kidding ???

10. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

But President Trump is not part of the 'Deep State'.

11. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Seems to me they don't need your brain to read your mind ... when they can hack into your IT usage

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

since no government is a monolith nor a single furson, the obvious answer is no. but that is a fault of the question and the fraiming of it.
    may there be parts of the us and or other governments that have somehow deveolped that capacity, the less obvous answer is of course that what is not known is not known,
    and being not known prevents nothing, sooo, sure its possible, but since no intelligence gained in that mannor is admissable in a court of law, its not something high on my list of things to worry about. and while not everyone in any government has pure intentions, not everone has malign ones either.

and i woudn't worry about who knows your thoughts unless you're trying to figure out how to destroy something, which in which case, i'd reather you wern't.
    the u.s. doesn't deserve to be world dictator, but it doesn't deserve to be deconstructed by would be fascists either.

really consent of the governed is not a bad idea, and those trying to undermine it, i really don't believe have the best intentions in mind.

surface emotions have of course been able to be read by reasonably wise people for thousands of years, no super duper mumbo jumbo involved, just good observational skills.
    then of course there are the trails left behind by everything we do with credit and money, milage gained by interpretation may vary.

the question has many moving parts, but each of them has relatively simple answers. i don't think we yet have mind reading machines, and if we ever did, would they cooperate with their users?

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

What gives you the impression that the the U.S. Government gives a bubbly fart what we think?

14. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Social control, political control, economic control... Need I go on? Why do we even have the term propaganda? Think about it. It's the most useful weapon a government has. :)

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  16. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

The oligarch sit at the head of the table, eating 11 slices of pizza, all the while whispering to their wage slave who has 1 that the starving immigrant or Negro at the door is secretly conniving to steal their slice.

themnax likes this.
  17. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

ok us govt r uready to read my mind ? in 3, 2, 1...

-->SUCK MY COCK<--

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  18. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

OK NSA; which card am I holding up?

117386723_10157295334050778_5927930622855676029_n (2).jpg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    GeorgiaRhythm and Tyrsonswood like this.
  19. GeorgiaRhythm

GeorgiaRhythm Members

No. I'd probably be arrested LOL:D

Piobaire likes this.
  20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

persons employed by governments have exactly the same span of psyonic capacities as anyone else.
    as for men who stare at goats, toss a coin.

21. themnax

themnax Senior Member

its a bit more nuanced then that. not entirely untrue, neither the whole of it.
    everyone is influenced by many things, obviously more and other things then just votes and public opinion.
    and their own pockets are certainly one of them,
    but that doesn't mean some of them can't occasionally take an interest what kind of effect they may be having beyond their own nest,
    or even the movement of little green pieces of paper in general.