Can shrooms mess you up permanently/ feel like you are tripping for a very long time?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by shroomage, Jun 22, 2006.

1. shroomage

shroomage Member

I have heard many times that taking shrooms is a life-altering experience, changing the way you think and appreciate the world around you. Supposedly it can be a very good thing that has given people a renewed interest in school and life in general, prompting them to lose wieght, etc.; I am not opposed to this at all, but I have also heard that it can fuck up the way you think for a long time and shake you up pretty bad. I sure as hell don't wanna get messed up in a bad way, I just want an enlightening or at least very entertaining, surreal break from reality.

Also, another question: Since shrooms can completely slow down your perception of time, has anyone ever had a normal length trip that feels like it lasted for months (maybe even years)? This may seem like a stupid question, but just imagine getting trapped, or liberated (if you want to look at it that way) in a long lasting alternate reality, and then being dropped back into your previous everyday life. You can only imagine how that could mess you up for quite a while.

I am just wondering because I have not taken shrooms yet but I plan on it possibly today.

2. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

The time thing is a bit whacked. Just saying that it changes your perception forever is about all the time thing has to do with it. You probably wont ever think the same way. Only thing you have to worry about is if you think your mentally capable of handling chaotic thoughts while remaining calm. Just connect with every thought and insight they show you, and you take from it whatever you want.

3. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

yeah man my plan is if i start feeling uncomfortable just to step back, see how its not important whats happening to me, but whats been happening to all the rest of the world and how no matter what happened to me the world would go on and this wont make sense im too much of a kite right now.

4. prismatism

prismatism loves you

"this wont make sense im too much of a kite right now"

^_____^ yessss

5. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Sounds good, just dont forget Relayer and a cd player

6. CannabisEuphoria

CannabisEuphoria Member

if you are tripping you are more then likely thinking you are tripping for a very long time when you are actually only tripping for a few hours... yeah life changing for some and just pretty kool to others, most people who do the little shroomies are changed for the better though... CannabisEuphoria

7. ~Baked Goods~

~Baked Goods~ Senior Member

My first mushroom trip changed my life. I used to be very abusive to my cat and after the trip I picked up my cat and snuggled with her for a few hours.

The wonderful thing about mushrooms is that it takes your surroundings and applys them to your mood. My friends and I were listening to a bunch of chill indie rock music and I think that's why I have a more calm and relaxed mentality for life now.

Mushrooms are one of my favorite drugs. It's a damn shame I can't get them more often

8. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

this might happen hehe but you always come back in time

you could get hppd though...reccurent visuals to a certain degree, with the thoughts that come with it

9. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

colors, mmm mmm bitch

10. Go ask alice

Go ask alice Member

Well, I would say that it depends on the amount that you take, I tried mushrooms for the first time a few weeks ago, we only had one each because we were in another country and didnt want to get lost/ freak out, for a few days after colours were still much brighter than usual and I tended to notice the beauty in small things alot more, also walls and ceilings had a peculiar habit of breathing in the few minutes after I woke up and was still sleepy, now about two weeks later I feel like I still have an enhanced understanding, im different yet the same, myself yet infinitely wiser and more contemplative. I guess if all this could happen in a small degree after one shroom then if you took more the aftereffects would be somewhat more intense too. Hope that helps! =oD