Can shrooms kill you?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by ~MorningManiacMusic~, May 28, 2006.

1. ~MorningManiacMusic~

~MorningManiacMusic~ Banned

My friend said that, when your trippin' your almost dying.Is this true?If so that's pretty baked out!Can you like go over the edge and psych yourself out that your dying?

I'm thinking about doing them again,I just hate the come down when your head feels all fucked up.My head still hasn't been the same since that last trip.

2. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Eating the wrong type of shroom can kill you. Just use common sense when dealing with magic shrooms and you'll be fine.

3. mellow

mellow Eased

Ummm your friend sounds quite misinformed. Put in really basic terms the trip is the result of the active chemical in mushrooms (psilocin, psilocybin) acting (chemically) on your central nervous system. You are not dying when you do mushrooms (thats absurd), however you could some how convince yourself that you are and have a bad trip.

I'd recommend you and your friend do a little bit of studying on www.shroomery.org and www.erowid.org

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

red and white ones make you grow.
    green and white ones give you an extra life.

5. A-Shwa-Child

A-Shwa-Child Member

He might be refering to ego death... Can you got throught the whole ego death thing on shrooms?

6. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

sounds to me like hes just super misinformed, another of the many people talking about things they dont know much about, lots of people think things like that about psychedelics, i guess we can either tell them how it is or just ignore them.

7. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Yes your ego dies so that you can feel the essence of god that is inherent in all human souls. Physically... no you cannot die unless you do something stupid like walk off a cliff, or something else that's very stupid.

8. ~MorningManiacMusic~

~MorningManiacMusic~ Banned

He's done shrooms alot more than I have,he just said your like almost dying cause you poisoned yourself.????

9. 2cesarewild

He's an asshat.

10. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

He's very, very wrong, but if he doesnt want to realise, then how about he goes back to the good ol' boys healthy drugs like cocaine, and we'll all rest in peace tonight.

11. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Magic hat should brew one up and call it asshat lol. I'd drink it!

12. Cawwy

Cawwy Member

I haven't heard asshat in so long, anyway.. I've heard the poisioning yourself thing about mushroom, my roommate said the same thing when I told his other roommate to do them with me, oh well ya live and learn

then ya get luvs!

13. joo kyle

joo kyle thisandthat

You can die from poison mushroom.

14. 2cesarewild

15. mellow

mellow Eased

yup...

16. GuyFromTheFarNorth

GuyFromTheFarNorth Member

I always find it funny just how many urban'esque legends seem to form around drug use. Especially psych's and the like. I think most people just fear the unknown and physch's embody the unknown in it's purest form to those who have never tried them. Ignore the rants of others, it just leads to bad trips, everything is subjective, why do others always chose the negative? Human nature is an interesting being.

17. jrod

jrod Member

Here in Florida we got cowboys who must think people on their cattle fields looking for shrooms are indians and they will shoot you for being out there. So the persuit of the good kind of shrooms can be lethal or at least painfull.

18. 2cesarewild

Cowboys are cool. Psychedelic cowboys are better.

Me and My Uncle > *

19. direwolf420

direwolf420 Banned

2cesarewild you just inspired me to listen to me and my uncle..............well me and my uncle, went riding down

anyone hitting up any phil shows or festivals.........peace

20. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

maybe you could die if you ate like a pound, maybe you should die if your dumb enough to eat a pound