Can people who read Nietzsche still be Christian?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fairlight, Sep 4, 2013.

1. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

your aunt contributed to the wisdom of your years

2. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

If one reads a decidedly atheistic work and is still religious, I view it the same as having not thought critically about the work as one reads the bible and still thinks god is good.

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I have examined our experience and find that only god is good, god being that which we invoke, as good or any other fucking thing.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

One of my best friends is a Christian (albeit of a very unconventional variety) and she not only reads Nietzsche, she agrees with Nietzsche.

As far as the Op's girl problems, do you really think dating someone who will try to control the expansion of your mind is a good idea?

5. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Hi and thanks.No I don't think it is a good idea that I get closer to this woman but I can't help having feelings for her and finding her attractive.She is a very warm lovely person and I know we could be happy together,It's just that I wouldn't be able to subsume and contain her born-again Christian beliefs even though I have told her I am sympathetic to the teachings of Christ.She knows and understands this but we still flirt with each other.I feel that she wants me to commit to being a 100% bona fide "Christian" and for the life of me this is just something that I cannot do,even though I read about Christianity and Jesus and find it a fascinating are of study,my experiences in life are such that I don't like to be hemmed in by one over-arching mindset,such as organized Christianity.