can i spray my plant with just water in flowering mode?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Techniques' started by dirty worms, Jan 5, 2005.

1. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

just water being sprayed on the flowering plant. or is that not doing anything.

2. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

well yes an no osmosis is a good way to feed a plant but not during flowering"tends to create mold" but when they are young hell yes even in a hydro system but all plants can absorb water through there leaves an use it , a couple of cautions tho, dont get light bulb wet pop! might consider a shield , an water bubbles act like little magnifying glasses so use a fine mist top an botom of leaves

3. mold might be a problem, but idk much about growing. my rents killed my plants when they were 4 weeks old.

4. London Mod

London Mod Member

A light misting once a week during flowering will cause you no problems at all. As long as it is a misting and not a soaking.
    If you have good air quality in your grow space you shouldn't have much to worry about.

5. London Mod

London Mod Member

Oh Yeah I forgot to add.
    Make sure you spray during the dark period because the water on the leaves could burn if the light heats it too much

6. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Do not spray or mist in flower or during the night cycle.Plants only process food in the presence of light,its a process called photosynthesis.You would be wasting your time and increasing the chance for mold by sprayimg in the dark.The best time to foliar spray is when lights first come on.

7. London Mod

London Mod Member

Sorry then But it has never caused mne any problems.

8. ekul le chet

ekul le chet Member

i don't think you'll do any harm giving them a spray, in nature there could be rain anytime ... i always give mine a spray, less so now they have all the bud on