Can I get High off of Zopiclone?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Weed&Speed2008, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Weed&Speed2008

Weed&Speed2008 Member

Hey, I'm not sure if this is a Pshycadelic or not. Actually I'm pretty sure it isn't, but I didn't see any other place to put a thread about pills or this and your not aloud talking about this on any other threads so, ya know.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could get high off of Zopiclone, because I just found some? Or is that just stupid? Is it fun to do? I just wanted some speed, but I couldn't get a hold of any so I need something, will this do the trick?:$

Zopiclone
    (RAN-ZOPICLONE)

Sandra Miller likes this.
  2. cracker531

cracker531 Member

According to wikipedia, it's like a benzo. I've never tried Zopiclone but I've done benzos and they're great.

3. Weed&Speed2008

Weed&Speed2008 Member

What's the effect like?

4. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

I don't think so.

"Zopiclone, a cyclopyrrolone derivative, is a short-acting hypnotic agent. Zopiclone belongs to a novel chemical class which is structurally unrelated to existing hypnotics. However, the pharmacological profile of zopiclone is similar to that of the benzodiazepines. "

Summary
    IMOVANE Aventis
    Zopiclone

Use:
    Cyclopryrrolone hypnotic. Short-term (i.e. 7-10 consecutive days) insomnia therapy. Use for more than 2-3 consecutive weeks requires complete re-evaluation of the patient. Adults, 7.5 mg just before retiring for the night. Geriatrics, patients with impaired liver function or chronic respiratory insufficiency: 3.75-7.5 mg at bedtime, depending on acceptability and efficacy.

Contraindications:
    Myasthenia gravis, sleep apnea syndrome, severe hepatic insufficiency, previous paradoxical reactions to alcohol and/or sedative medications.

Precautions:
    Not recommended in pregnant or nursing women. Safety-efficacy in patients< 18 years of age not established. Use with caution in patients with a history of substance or alcohol abuse, impaired renal or hepatic functions, severe pulmonary insufficiency, a history of seizures j(avoid abrupt zopiclone withdrawal), depression, elderly and/or debilitated patients.

Side effects:
    Bitter taste. Somnolence, confusion, anterograde amnesia or memory impairment, asthenia, euphoria, depression, bad breath, coated tongue.

Interactions:
    Hepatic enzyme-inhibiting agents (e.g. Cimetidine, crythromycin) and other CNS-depressant drugs may enhance zopiclone's activity

http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-i01.html

5. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

6. Weed&Speed2008

Weed&Speed2008 Member

I did. Just to resolve my own question for other curious readers of it, all this drug does is make you tired. That's what it is perscirbed for, and that's what it does. No high, of any kind.

7. NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend Senior Member

dude, one time I took like 30-something mgs of zopiclone (lunesta) and theres definitely a high. It was like a benzo trip. fucking weird shit, I wouldnt do it again. I lost all concept of time, and then went to a doctors appointment that I dont remember. they basically took benzodiazapines and made them less 'abusable,' and better for sleep, and thats what ambien lunesta and sonata are.

8. Weed&Speed2008

Weed&Speed2008 Member

Well that was real bright taking so much Zopiclone. Of course it's goin to make you black out if you take so much, that's what it intent is for. To put you to sleep. It's not even really a high, it just makes you tired. That just totally beats the concept of taking pills or any drugs for that matter in the first place

9. prismatism

prismatism loves you

i have insomnia and was prescribed these a week ago.
    they don't help me sleep at all, until i finally get to sleep at the same time i usually would and end up not being able to get out of bed until much later than i would naturally.
    they've made me pretty depressed in every sense of the word. but they are fun when i'm on them. the side affects are so shitty that i don't ever want a new bottle... but while i've got them, if they don't do what they're supposed to i might as well have fun with them. they make me feel kind of dissociated and apathetic in a good way. i only pay attention to funny shit. reading through the looking glass is fun as hell. i ended up buying some really random ringtones. haha.

10. SmellyPrawn

SmellyPrawn Guest

I was prescribed it for insomnia.....I have a blast being high as a kite before finally deciding to go to bed. I love to just start writing, everything that comes out of my mind at the time is so absolutely outrageous, I love to reflect on it later when I'm sober and have no recollection of writing anything at all.
    I was bad before though when I was on a higher dose i woud do things that I wouldn't do if I were sober and then not remember it. Like waking up the next day to my computer screen saying "thankyou, you have just made your $200 on a PSP". which was cool because i wanted one but I most definitely did not have the money at the time. And also I'd end up changing the answering machine on my phone to me humming along to the final fantasy 12 opening theme music really high pitched. I also started to drink alot of orange pop.
    The worst tasting things to drink on Zopiclone are Milk and Water.

11. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

That is the best thing I have ever heard.

12. Terrasidius

Terrasidius Member

lol! ive taken a bunch tonight, interesting, ill report back.:D

13. Terrasidius

Terrasidius Member

Also what happens if you mix it with wine of or something??

14. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

OMG. A lot of people I know don't like it but I'm in love with zopiclone. This is actually my exact experience with it. In fact a few of my friends and I who are into literatue decided to make a book club where we'd take a bunch of zopiclone since i had piles of the shit and write ridiculous bullshit., My favourite this was talking about the affects of zopiclone while on zopiclone, because, after taking it for a while I think I've figured out what it doesto your brain:
    When I can't sleep it's because I'm overthinking everything, so what zopiclone does is sort of chops up your thoughts so you can't keep one stream of thought going and eventually you fall asleep. it's not actually that sedative, but extremely amnesic. So when you try writing on it and you can't remember what you were writing about ten seconds ago, it makes for these really aweome stream of consciousness rambles that are fucking hilarious to read afterwards.
    I was locked up for a while (rehab/juvie type thing) an I was only allowed my scripted drugs, so I took 7.5mg zopiclone and .5-1mg xanax every night and I had a ritual about writing before I went to sleep as it was the only thing to do to pass the time there, so I made hundreds of these zopiclone writings and put them in a big binder, which I find to be mad entretaining.
    I could talk for hours about zopiclone as, although I haven't found it the most fun drug out there, it was certainly one of the most interesting.
    Another funny story i have about it is how I originally got it:
    So one time I went to a rave and did meth and had a horrible comedown and I was walking down the stairwell and this guy offered me valium, which I thought would help. I ended up talking to him for a while and he told me it was actually zopiclone, but I bought it anyways and tried it. I found it fun because I felt sober but I couldn't walk and I tried working on an essay and it bacame really funny jibberish so i told my doc the exact story about the rave and that it helped with my insomnia and he scripted me 7.5/day. Like a year later I was at my friends house and we were fans of zopiclone. i got 20 so I shared a bunch and I told him the story of how I got it scripted and it turned out that the guy from the rave was actually the person whose house it was and it was really jokes cuz we were all on zopiclone and couldn't remember what happened so we kept making that same realization over and over and laughing bout it.

I'm actually on zopiclone now, only 7.5mg and i have a tolerance so it doesn't do that much, still makes me ramble, though. If anyone has anything they've ever written on zopiclone, PM me, as I'm tryign to make a collection fo zopiclone literature to laugh at when sober. It's going pretty well so far..
    About the taste, a lot of people I've sold it to tell me it's horrible or iot tastes like lighter fluid, btu once you get used to it I find its not so bad. And it makes viceroys taste like the most smooth, delicious cigarette ever for some reason.

Huge fucking blackout.
    I managed to take 6x7.5mg on a benzo/alcohol binge. I have no idea what happened but windows were smashed and I wrote something about lactating men attacking aliens with shovels and almost 100mg jwh-018 magically dissappeared..

15. jia

jia Member

What do you consider "high"? It is definitely psychoactive. But so are a lot of things that you wouldn't want to take recreationally... like various deliriants like the zombie drug.

16. Hedgeclipper

The "high" feels a lot like benzos, but more amnesic and sometimes with minor hallucinations. I'm more interested in the subconscious affects of the drug than actual recreational use, though.

17. Magical mystery tourguide

Magical mystery tourguide Senior Member

uggggh this is actually the only benzoid that I WOULDNT ingest again -

asides the HORRIBLE aftertaste it leaves in your mouth for a day which makes drinking so unpleasant, I don't get any euphoric effects or anything like that, it makes me black the fuck out and not remember a single thing - once I took 35mg and woke up on the opposite side of the bed and had pissed the bed at some point during the night, with the worst physical and mental hangover I could imagine for a few hours.

18. xcandykidx

xcandykidx Member

what is this, Lunesta? i've been on ambien, are the effects similar?

19. Hedgeclipper

lunesta is eszopiclone, which is very similar in structure, but not as strong. Its from a class of non benzodiazepine sedatives called hypnotics (zolpidem (ambien) is also one of these) that function pretty similarly to benzos and taste like shit. I find them lots of fun...

20. moka9x9

moka9x9 Member

zopiclone gets you high. Its not like coke, its not like an upper, its like valium, it mellows you out, twenty minutes ago i was having a panic attack, had no ativan left said fuck it and ate half a 7.5, fixed me right up, I take 1/2 - 2 and 1/2 per hit if im tryin to get high, smoke a joint and your done! good times.