Can I Get A WHOOP WHOOP

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by dixie_pixy, May 6, 2007.

1. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Ok so.... Does anyone remember the name of this show:

It was kind of like the original TOY STORY where the toys would come to life when the little boy left. It had to be in the early 90's. It was kind of cartoonish but was drawn really pretty. I seriously can't remember anything else other than that but maybe someone else will know what I'm talking about.

2. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

Did it involve a toy elephant or some other stuffed animal? I vaguely remember a show about that, but I don't think it is the one you are describing. I could be wrong, though.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think i remember several things something like that, and it had been done before that and before that too. but i can't remember the names of any of them either.

thomas the tank engine, and that thing like it that came after it with the airplanes are both somewhat along that theme, though probably not what you're refering to.

there's that thing where this boy and girl, whenever they start to play, or immagine or something, are teleported to "dragon land", but i'm pretty sure that's not it either.

i'm immagining of something that might be called percilla's or pandora's toy box, or something like that. well of course my little pony in a sense, but i don't recall that ever implying quite such an explicit connection with a more mundane context either.

if it was on cable and only on cable, then whatever it was, i could only have seen it one or two times at most anyway.

but i DO remember children's BOOKS back in the early 50s doing things like that, which i always felt, as a child myself, insulted and talked down to by, those with the crap of putting humanoid faces on everything like thomas the tank engine and that airplane thing.

well of course spin off series on the coat tails of movies are quite common with the kind of mentality that controls media and favors little green pieces of paper over the potential for shairing creativity the media would otherwise provide.

i wouldn't be a bit surprised if there had been a spin off series actualy based ON "toy story" itself!

=^^=
    .../\...

4. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Yeah... it had something to do with "Toy Box" I still can't remember the rest of it.

5. darkain

darkain Member

I know there was a show with a department store where a manikin and toys came to life. I was called "Todays Special"