can anyone reccomend organic hair gel?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by the_allister, Jul 10, 2006.

1. the_allister

the_allister Member

my hair gets so poofy and frizzy during the summer; and it looks really nice when it's first wet; but i don't like the idea of putting random chemicals in my hair to get it to behave.

i frequently wear a ponytail, but i want to start wearing my hair down. can anyone reccomend an organic hair gel or something that will not damage my hair, nor leave sticky goop on my face when my hair brushes against it?

it would be very appreciated. thanks!

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

You could start by mixing a squirt of aloe vera gel with a tiny bit of oil (olive, jojoba, coconut, sweet almond, etc) or even a little hair conditioner. Smooth it through your hair while it's still damp. If that doesn't do it for you, Nature's Gate, J/A/S/O/N, & Avalon Organics all have good natural/organic hair products--though I haven't personally tried any of their gels.

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

thin conditioner cut with water.

4. Silentnewage

Silentnewage Member

What I would do personally, because I sometimes have the same problem..is often I'll use Burts Bees Avacado pre shampoo. You can buy it at any health store..basically just apply it and let it sit for fifteen minutes..then wash your hair normally. It really does do the trick. :D

5. xmoon_shadowx

xmoon_shadowx Member

My sister uses a bit of flax seed oil and it works really good for her. she has curly hair and it gets frizzy, but not with the flax seed oil she uses.

6. Aliciao

Aliciao Member

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/index.cfm

Aubrey Organics makes several styling products that may suit your needs. You wanted bio-organic so this may be the right company. I have heard good things about the B-5 design gel but I have not used it.

HTH

7. *Autumn*Epona*

*Autumn*Epona* Hemptress

Our local health food shoppe has an entire rack of organic, all natural, non-alcohol gels, spritzes and sprays - even ones just for men!

8. Katie89

Katie89 Senior Member

I just use pure aloe vera but apply when hair is wet. So it gets watered down my your hair being wet anyways. Just use a little at first and more and more everyday til you find out how much is perfect for you style

9. Aqueous

Aqueous Member

Put flax seeds to boil in a bit of water for some 10 minutes. The water will become a jelly which you can use like gel to make the locks keep together.

10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i recommend organic hair gel:D

11. Fajardo

Fajardo Banned

Before the use egg white and a portion of shampoo for scent..

12. shawnward1066

shawnward1066 Member

Use organic shampoos and oils because they are chemical free. by using organic shampoos you get your hair smooth and silky.

13. ChrisFromScotland

ChrisFromScotland Lang may yer lum reek

you ever seen the film "theres something about mary"

14. Farbod

Farbod Guest

Hi

I came across this post today. Back in my home country, Iran, some people tend to find an organic alternative for many things in life! As for hair styling gel, we make tragacanth gel. This is how it is made:

1- Take a few "pieces" of tragacanth and put them in a small container. Make sure it's not the powder but the pieces of tragacanth you are using. They look like this: http://karawan.ir/eindex.php?dbpage=eprod_1_2_3

2- Boil water and let it cool down a bit. While it's still slightly warm, add it to the container.

3- leave it aside for about 12 hours and give it a good shake every hour or two

4- put it in the fridge after you're done for a few hours.

= you have a thick hair styling get. Make sure you keep it in the fridge to keep it fresh. Don't touch your hair after you apply it on your hair, otherwise it turns into little white powders.

** sorry if it's not the easiest or the fanciest way, but it's a way, right?!

15. iadoreyou

iadoreyou Guest

Lush has some AMAZING organic hairgels. I use the big tease and goth juice most of the time, they leave my hair manageable but not sticky.