can anyone help??

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by queereye69, May 18, 2004.

1. queereye69

queereye69 Member

ok, this is how it is....i have a friend who is 16 and shes completely obsessed with gay blokes...there is one in particular who she is crazy about. i dont think its actually that she fancies him and wants to go out with him and whatever, but just the fact he is gay. you see, he is also 16, almost 17, and fair enough, he's a great looking guy, but shes never spoken to him, and now she is getting really depressed about it. She told me she doesnt know what it is about gay men that has her so hooked, but just doesnt know what to do to help her to not be so obsessed, not just with this one bloke, but with all gay men in general. i mean, this is how crazy she is; she won't watch any tv programmes unless they have gay men in....shes asked me to help her, but i dont know what to say...any suggestions about what i could tell her to do would be greatfully accepted..! thanks!

2. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

that's normal. all women are at some point or another, myself included.

eventually she'll realize that gay men are "just like anyone else" in that they can be jerks, too, and that the only thing they have in common with each other is that they're gay. there are wonderful parts of the culture that a girl just can't help but adore, however.

3. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

some gay 'blokes' are hot.... but still, like hopefully she'll grow out of it.

dont reach for something you cant grab