Can a hermaphrodite be gay?

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by MollyThe Hippy, Jul 20, 2005.

1. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

Just wondering.

2. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

yes..?

3. soccergirl

soccergirl Member

Wouldn't they be Bisexual:confused:. I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about.

4. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

It would seem like this be kind of like a t-girl that only l wants to have sex with females or a T-boy who only wants to have sex with males.

But it's different since there is no real combination that intersex people have. It is possible to have a vagina & a larger than normal clitoris for example but not have a real penis or you could have a penis (usually smaller) & a scrotum that is split kind of like a labia. There are many combinations of that possible even having all the things you may see outside that looks male & fallopian tubes.

A pretty good source of information about this can be found at theIntersex Society of North America webpage. There are other sources so if you do a google for intersex you can find out quite a lot.

5. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Maybe if they liked another hermaphodite?

6. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A gay man could be castrated, and still be a gay man. Sexuality is not determined solely by ones genitals, nor is it solely determined by who one has intercourse with.

When talking about human beings, nothing is so simple!

7. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Sexual orientation has little to do with either gender or biological sex.

8. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Exactly Ocean.

Gender preference is completely psychological. It has absolutely nothing to do with your sex and therefore it is just as likely for a hermaphrodite to be attracted to a male, as they could be to a female. I don't think they can technically be considered "gay" but typically one sex organ is more prominent than the other. Read Middlesex.

9. Ocean Byrd

Biologically, I'm a male; but I identify as a female. So, the concept of "heterosexual/homosexual" is flipped from my point of view. The same could be said of someone who was intersexed yet shared my feelings toward gender identity. Sexual orientation is one of the most misunderstood concepts that relates to sexuality.

10. Green

Green Iconoclastic

If you just wanted to get off wouldn't you? I mean, with anybody...

11. Ocean Byrd

No, I wouldn't. I need somebody who understands me and my feelings; not just a quick fling... I rarely masturbate; what should I care for when it comes to sex?