Camping Spots

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by Tipo Sensuale, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Tipo Sensuale

Tipo Sensuale Senior Member

I'm trying to decide on the best place to go in the Austin area just to get away and chill - somewhere inexpensive, chilled, and where I won't be hassled for camping on my own, somewhere I can park the van up near the waters edge...

any suggestions?

2. southernhippie

southernhippie Member

try river road in new braunfels. it can be pricey like 35-40 a night. but its a really nice area. and some weekends are packed with people and fun. be careful up there though. also, i want to try bastrop lake, looks nice around there but ive nvr been. peace

3. cassiopaea

cassiopaea Member

I camped out on Lake Travis, some state park, cant remember the name of it though, sorry! but had to pay like $8 for the night but plenty of camping spots, you can even camp on the cliffs above the clear lake or pull right up to the beach, pretty nice, I went on labor day last year and it wasnt all that busy for as big of a place that it is. It's not far from The Backyard, a venue down there.

4. Tipo Sensuale

Tipo Sensuale Senior Member

thanks for the replies - I havent been online to read replies in god knows how long, and only get on in passing but I will try the Lake Travis parks 4 sure. I found that the cityofaustin.org website has a list of charges :)

thanks 4 the replies both of you. :))

5. happyhippie90

happyhippie90 Member

what da best campin spot in mass

6. in da snake

in da snake Member

I'm looking for good camping spots in and around austin too. Ones were you won't have people bugging you and won't have to be worried about someone messing with your stuff or car.