Camping in Asheville.

Discussion in 'North and South Carolina' started by Cloudysky, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Cloudysky

Cloudysky Guest

Looking to be in Asheville,NC in the next few months, anyone from there that can shoot me some info on free primitive camping locations in or around the city that one can stay year round? I know there is plenty of forest land near there just not sure of the best spots for walking to and from the city.

2. orphanfeast

orphanfeast Guest

Depending on where in Asheville you are, Pisgah Forest is about a 20 minute drive away. We have some gorgeous primitive areas as well as fully furnished camp grounds. Dupont State Forest is just a few miles away from that as well.

3. lily flower

lily flower Guest

I know this post is old and you've probably already been through Asheville... all the same, I lived in Asheville for four years to go to college. I spent about a year in the National Forests around Asheville.... lots of places around there to go camping.... really nice places, sometimes there is even an outhouse : ) if you go back check out the parkway, highway 276 and highway 151... lots of great spots

4. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

I know this thread is a bit old, just wanted to say that you can't go wrong camping along the Chattooga River! Spent 5 day's camping there and had an awesome time!