Callus confusion !!!

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefoot jersey dude, Aug 10, 2019.

1. barefoot jersey dude

barefoot jersey dude Members

Been barefooting for 40 years outside of work. Around 5 years ago decided to get my first pedicure. went to the local nail salon not knowing what to expect. there an hour which was a lot longer than I expected. Found overall the experience very enjoyable ! Had no idea that the treatment included callus removal ! was shocked and amazed at the sheer amount of dead flesh that was scrapped off of my feet. now go about once a month. Spent a very long time building up my calluses and they were removed in a matter of minutes ! Even after 5 years still cant decide if my monthly pedicures are a good thing or a bad thing ??? How many of you guys get pedicures and what are your thoughts on the subject ???

2. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

Never had one. And I want to keep my
    thickened callous pad.

barefootbob3 likes this.
  3. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I used to get them many years ago long before some men dared to go into a nail salon full of women. I had some tell me they never did a man before. There was one time that I received a call from the nail tech confirming my appointment for a set that and I thought that's strange. As it turned out the tech thought someone was playing a joke on her because she was about to leave the salon for another kind of work. Nevertheless it was an enjoyable experience for the both of as as well as two hair stylist that came over to watch, one of them told me that I have nice feet.

Men getting pedicures have been more of a commonplace since the early 90's. I've seen guys receiving pedicures sitting right next to the ladies at my local mall. It always puts a smile on my face. Nowadays I just do it myself, mainly just keeping my nail trimmed and removing just the rough skin while keeping some protective callous on my soles.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    barefootbob3 likes this.
  4. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Don't feel the need to. It only makes your soles more vulnerable.

barefootbob3 likes this.