California Drivers

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YankNBurn, Jun 1, 2007.

1. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Okay a guy in a black vette with CA plates gets behind 2 semi trucks (one passing the other) both are either at the speed limit or above. The vette flashes his lights center himself between the two trucks and tries to squeeze between them, then when that fails he shoots the shoulder and passes giving the bird as he goes by. Okay typical idiot with an extra side of stupid but oh well. A few miles up the road he decides to pull over and wait for my truck and another truck (not one that was being passed but rather one that is passing me) and pulled right out in front of us doing under 40mph in a 75mph zone flipping us the bird and centering the two lanes.

Well after almost killing him he continues this type of shit so..... The gal that was passing me asks if my truck can run, I tell her yup! So we spin em up and start chasing this guy right up his ass. He speeds up and pulls away but what he does not know is big trucks can run when light. So we are all doing well over the speed limit and he begins to dislike our actions towards him. We radio ahead and set up a truck to slow him down just enough to get along side his ass and we assisted him right off the interstate.

Was not nice to do, was very dangerous but man sometimes people need to know that we dont have to put up with shit.

2. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

haha man yank, haha great story...

i dont' fuck with trucks, nope...taxi's, i'll fuck with them when they have drunk people in them...but no trucks for me, especially on the highway :eek:

3. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I don't fuck with anything on the road bigger than me...Just bad news otherwise.

What a moron.

4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

You showed that guy! Hehehe, I'm proud.

5. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I'm terrified of semi-trucks, that guy must have a death wish or one super-sized ego.

6. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

or a buncha speed in his system. or no speed but no sleep.

7. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

It's ridiculous how some people will put their necks on the line. These days I drive in a manner not to compound my own issues with stress. I ensure that I leave with plenty of time to get to where I'm going. Everyone has a right to the road- I afford extra courtesy to two classes of vehicles- heavy trucks and motorcycles. People like the idiot in the 'vette deserve not only to be taken off the road but removed from the gene pool. You should have accelerated when he cut you off.

Most trucks I've encountered have been driven quite professionally. There have been notable exceptions of course but that is in contrast with passenger cars... about half of which not only show little acknowledgment of others' rights to use the road but display complete ignorance of the laws. It's frightening to think that the majority of the population- which demonstrates that it requires some degree of enforcement to be in place in order to behave in a civil manner, is licensed to operate a two ton motor vehicle at lethal speeds within striking distance of other cars, motorcycles, and pedestrians.

I think a person's true character comes out in the relative anonymity of the motor vehicle.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

worshiping the damd automobile is the begining and end of that crazyness.
    sure, driving might be fun if there were only a small fraction of today's population, and it wasn't something you're forced to do all the time, unless you live in 'the good part' of some major city.

i think it's pretty obvious that there have to be alternatives. and there are. a few of us are actually old enough to remember them being common, practical, and readily available. though in newer forms, taking advantage of some of the tecnologies that weren't as developed, or didn't exist yet when they were.

the thing people in california, a lot of us don't seem to realize, is that we have these things called feet and leggs, that we're actually born with them, and that they are perfectly serviceable for getting on and off of trains and bussess, which wouldn't take any more tax money for governments to provide, then voters currently insist they throw away on make the roads and parking lots wider, and then wonder why THEIR house was in the way and had to be torn down to do so.

=^^=
    .../\...