Calendar of pagan festivals

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by Gone and forgotten, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

What do you do to celebrate Ostara

Irminsul likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Typically you can paint eggs as a symbol of fertility to celebrate our goddess Ostara, also a good time of the year for us in the northern hemisphere to plant seeds for continued growth. Gardening in general makes our Ostara smile. :) Das Externsteine will be a busy location for Germanic Heathens over this week. It is no mistake that Easter is associated with eggs and the hare/rabbit. Easter literally is Ostara, Ostara is the Old High Germanic word for Easter. She used to descend into the underworld for 3 days a year accompanied by the lunar cycle and the equinox. Her story is no different to Jesus also descending into the underworld. The difference between Christian Easter and Heathen Ostara worship is, Easter changes its dates so it specifically doesn't fall on the equinox.

Not many people want to know that though, or believe it. Her history was squashed, but it is alive still with the right people. :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    parua, Driftrue, themnax and 3 others like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^nice, thanks for the info Irm!

When I paint easter eggs this year I will do it with Ostara in mind

Irminsul likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

All the same stuff you would do for easter, because easter is a pagan holiday...

Just don't tell the christians

Oddduck, parua, themnax and 1 other person like this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

:)

I like talking about Ostara, she is one of my favorites along with Nerthus who is also a fertility goddess.
    Ostara is also linked to the May Feast rituals and the reception of Spring, particularly with bonfires. In the early days of Christianization through Saxon lands, the church had to tolerate the heathen traditions and this is why the Easter egg and the Rabbit are still so symbolic in Christian festivities too.

Much like Christmas and Yule, the heathen ways were too in-bedded in their culture to allow French Christians to take them away, so the church had to adapt to them also which is why Christianity is similar to many European Pagan regards. From the 8 reindeer pulling santas slay, to the painting of eggs and worship of the rabbit, to even Jesus on the cross are all replications of earlier Germanic, Norse & Slavic beliefs. The 8 reindeer represent the 8 legs of Odens war horse, Sleipnir. Rudolphs red nose represents Sleipnirs red nose, as he ate the entrails of the Giants conquered. Easter has the eggs and traditions of rebirth, Jesus on the cross is a representation of Wotan on the Irminsul, and then later adapted to Oden speared to the world tree, Yggdrasil.

The more you read, learn and research the more you will understand where I come from when I state that Christianity is not an original concept. It is literally an encumbered documentation of almost every religion, which is highlighted in the works of the old Testament, when at Easter Jesus went into the underworld, but the Testament specifically stated he went to Hades, which is of Greek origins. The new Testament erased this passage because it was too conflicting. In fact the new Testament has been changed so much because it was so inconsistent with what was being preached. The very first line in the new Testament is the start of the first lie, it makes no grammatical sense in Jewish literature. They changed it because the original Testament didn't refer to a God, but gods plural. Again, had to be reconstructed to fit their own agenda.

parua, Meliai and bekkie like this.
  6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Baby Animals are a good way to recognize the turning of the wheel to the time of Ostara.

Lambs, Ducks, Chicks, Rabbits...

[​IMG]

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

omg that rabbit is soo cute! :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Aerianne likes this.
  8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Rabbits are like cats. They are all cute!

themnax and Irminsul like this.
  9. You never met my cat Muffy. Poor thing.

Aerianne likes this.
  10. She had a great big underbite with two pointy teeth sticking up, and if you put your hands anywhere near you she bit you hard. I used to let her clamp her jaws on my hand just so I could get a little petting in. Wish I'd gotten to spend more time with her.

11. storch

storch banned

Has she gone to that great catnip dispensary in the sky?

12. All of my cats have. Most in very depressing ways, due to the home they were in. Chloe, always the rebel, just got up and left one day, never to return. Maddy was found bloated and rotting by a garbage can. Who knows what happened to Rudy. Callie, though, I was there for. And the last thing she ever did was walk into my room, stand at the end of my bed, and look at me. I was too busy with my dumbass shit and just laughed at her. I gave her a few pets before I went to bed. She was running in her sleep. In the morning she was dead, still in that running pose. And that changed the way I feel about cats forever. They know shit people don't.

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

That

14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Yep......You Nailed It......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

15. Where did you read this, if you don't mind saying?

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The part about Hades I think I remember reading in Zacharia Sitchens book, Genesis Revisited. I was fascinated by this so I remember looking up lots of stuff online, that was about 10 years ago.

The part about the grammatical issue, I've read in several books now, most recently in Michael Tellinger Human Origins and Mythos

FIRSTLY I NEED TO POINT OUT A MISTAKE THAT I MADE IN MY POST!!

I should not have said the original Testament or the 2nd Testament.

The original Hebrew text of the original Testament (From memory) begins with the B, and reads: Ba rasheet bara Elohim eth ha shameim wa eth ha e/aris. (In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.)
    It starts with B, the second letter of the alphabet which is not possible because all of the sacred texts of the Hebrew must start with the first letter of the alphabet. And what that sentence there basically refers to is the "Elohim" as the God, a singular God.

When you grammatically correct the sentence to start with a traditional A, it now says "(A)ba rasheet bara Elohim......" (The Father of the beginnings created the Elohim, the heavens and the Earth) In previous texts pre dating the bible like the book of Enoch etc, the Elohim means a Plural word for gods, not God.

So somebody messed with that translation for the bible and it created a singular entity, our creator. God.

Hebrew historians and religious gurus can attest to that too, the passage we know in the bible should not read that way at all, and it's the first words of the bible and somehow it went completely "un-noticed".

Now for me, what that means is that there's been a conspiracy from the very beginning, because right now, there is too much evidence, it is no longer a coincidence that the Bible used beliefs from so many religions, the same stories are echoed over and over from Sumerian, Akkadian, Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek influence, roman influence, Slavic, central Europe influences and they all spoke about gods, not a God. And if you were to read the bible now, as "the gods" instead of God, you will get a completely different picture to what's actually going on and a lot more of it starts to make sense, as it does in it's much earlier predecessor counter part religions.

I don't actually have much of a gripe with Christianity, it's beautiful in it's own way, but I think it's very misleading, but also tells the same tales as the very first religions, so you can't go wrong, it's like a religion made up of all religions told in its own way. :) but I will not believe it is the "true religion" because it's very very far from it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    themnax likes this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I also want to point out that Yule actually lasts for 12 days, not 4 like the OP graph implies. :p

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i did not know several of those details. i usually just blame the second mycian council.
    also there are strong celtic (la tene celtic, not just gundistrop) and egyptian parallels as well.
    those of aknatan's monotheism are almost word for word some of the old testiment things too.

not that i'm any authority on anything, i just stumble across things eclectically.