Cactus ID

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by chimey22, Jan 19, 2013.

1. chimey22

chimey22 Guest

Hi, only new to the forum someone online recommended this to help ID cactus and such..

i got this today and trying my luck with it. it says "trichocereus peuvianus" , and when i looked it up in google it simply brang me to "peruvianus" , wasnt sure if it was the same cactus or a simple spelling mistake lol.. if anyone can help me with then would be great! and also to know if what i have is containing the medicine that i want..

cheers!

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes..

3. chimey22

chimey22 Guest

yes to which part?

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes its active. it must grow for a long time before you can harvest it.

5. chimey22

chimey22 Guest

how long should it grow for and what times the best to harvest? sorry im very new to this kinda stuff so wanna do things right..

thanks

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

oh let it grow a foot or two..
    you do realize you can buy cuttings online, so you can experiment without killing yours.

7. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You should let it be quite a few feet before cutting it, and you should plant another cutting from it, when you doo harvest it.

It will need a pot many times the size of that one, too.

That one looks like it's been growing in very dispersed light, minimal water, etc. It doesn't look unhealthy, but not fast growing, and totally vertical, with a very round tip.

And yes, that is T. peruvianus.