cacti and other things that hurt

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Boogabaah, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i got a cactus from my moms house. the darn thing fell over in the car on the ride home. last night we went for a drive and i stepped on 8 pokey spines that were on the carpet of the car. only felt 2 of them though.. really hurt!

two days ago i kicked a box that i was walking by.. my little toe still hurts.

i stubbed my toe on a rock at the river this afternoon..

anyone else hurting themselves lately? :&

2. yamark

yamark Member

Sounds like your havin a bad day

3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i thought about it later and remembered i kicked my big toe too. this was all in about a 24 hour span.. i'm good now... except the migraine, BLAH!

i just remember as a kid some grown-up was always telling me i had better put on shoes before i hurt myself.

4. mrpwonder

mrpwonder Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You'll be fine...you just need a hug!!!

5. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

shoes? what kinda weirdo do you think i am? :H

6. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

my feet feel just fine today.. so far

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i'll just use my imagination.. if you've come here to harass, you might as well leave. i don't tell you what to wear or not to wear, honestly i don't care what you wear or don't wear. so be nice.

8. Alan33466

Alan33466 Member

Thank goodness for your tough feet, if you were a tender foot, all 8 spines would have killed you........

9. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

ahahah maybe

10. Alan33466

Alan33466 Member

Don't forget, you have only 27 days to say something smart before you explode:party: Terry:)

11. Alan33466

Alan33466 Member

Hope you know I was teasing Ms. Boogabaah!!!!!!!!

12. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

I got a crack in the skin right under the left big toe yesterday while going down the river. i hate those cuts, open cracks can burn like hell, and tend to get larger [​IMG]

once while going around on bycicle i had to step down... on a cactus the size of a football. i took a large thorn in my right foot, the thing was 1/3 an inch long and disappeared deep in the flesh of the outer side of the foot. it hurted, but i didnt realize there was a thorn in the wound until some days later i inspected the part and the thorn literally popped out by itself. it was like a needle.

13. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

Nutt Hugger, this is a forum for barefooting inthusiasts. If you have nothing constructive to say without saying "put on some shoes", go to another part of this forum. :)

14. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

well i stepped on more than a few thorny blackberry branches today hehe. those damn things get so prickly when they dry and theyre all over most of the trails around here from folks clearing them. its great they keep the trails nice, but damn!

15. Alan33466

Alan33466 Member

Nutt Hugger
    This strategy is not working.
    Come back to Corporate Nike Sneaker Div.
    Will discus new tactics to make these people wear shoes.
    Over and Out

16. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

leave alone this nutty troll, he'll disappear along with his shoes in a haze of foot powder .

17. Alan33466

Alan33466 Member

We are not witty, you are not witty.....But your name is cool! When you hug a nutt does it have a shoe own?

18. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

It's annoying how people suggest wearing shoes when you say you've got even a minor injury on your foot, but rarely suggest wearing gloves when you've injured your hand (unless perhaps when it happened doing something very extreme). Many people would dislike wearing gloves because they'd feel awkward, because they wouldn't like their fingers confined all the time, and they don't object to shoes, so they can't understand how anyone else would even take the tiniest risk of the most minor splinter or injury for what to them is 'no reason at all'... however for us barefooters, we feel awkward walking in those restrictive shoes, we don't like our toes confined. Try to be bit more empathic to what other people like... I'm not going to say people who wear shoes shouldn't do so, while shoes can cause problems too (bunions, sweaty feet). I'm assuming it's their preference, their choice, and it should be.

Wearing shoes all the time would feel *constantly* unpleasant, I accept the minor occasional discomfort as a trade for the great pleasure of all the varied surfaces I feel the other 99.9% of the time.