Buying Spores Online

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by gnomefootlocker, Feb 10, 2009.

1. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

Is buying shroom spores online legit? I know its supposedly legal and all, but that still doesnt mean its safe. Anyone actual done this with luck and no harrassment?

1 person likes this.
  2. nesta

nesta Banned

absolutely.

but there are occasional scams out there. this question is better directed at the shroomery forums. general rule: shroomery sponsors are trustworthy on the whole.

i've never had any problems, even with less established vendors.

1 person likes this.
  3. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

which one would you reccommend the most?

4. nesta

nesta Banned

i've only purchased a few times (usually got several syringes)

all vendors i've gone with have been professional and timely, and with no noticible difference in quality.

check out who the current shroomery vendors are. if enough people complain about poor customer services, scams, etc. then they aren't allowed to put up banners there.

5. B0ngHitz420

B0ngHitz420 Member

go to earthstongue.com but make sure it is earthstongue.com and not earthtongue.com, there are alot of scams out there. I just ordered from them and received the new moon syringe which can be refrigerated for 2 months and still be used.

6. nesta

nesta Banned

so long as its properly sterile and unused, you can store them - even freeze them - and keep them for a good deal longer than two months.

also don't be fooled by different prices for different "strains." for the most part there is little to no difference in the potency from one to another, it is all dependent on the substrate. neither will there be ANY difference in the effects beyond potency.

the only thing that may vary from one variety to another is growth patterns/aesthetics.

sporeworks has a good deal. if you're willing to allow them to decide which strain to send you (they'll let you know what it is) you can get a syringe for 10 bucks.

7. socker

socker Member

Is growing mushrooms difficult?

8. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

not from what ive read.

9. nesta

nesta Banned

10. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

Any spore vendors that ship to California? Preferably in the US.

11. nesta

nesta Banned

not from within the us. you might be able to find a foreign vendor willing to do it.

but thats illegal.

12. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Yes. Not that you can't get lucky the first go round, quit growing, and then always assume it's easy. But the answer is yes, IMO.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

'I messed up the first batch and the 2nd.. what I could have done spending $20.00 turned to $75.00. But its all good.. learned alot again of what I did not know..
    But imo, I will not do again.. :( foul ups are just that.. They stink!!!
    And I have my skunky friends to keep me busy enough..:sifone:

14. nesta

nesta Banned

i have long compared growing mushrooms (using the PF tek or a variation thereof) as being akin to baking from a recipe, only using a different vocabulary with bigger words.

once you understand the process intimately, its simple as anything. its just following directions, and if you know what the organism needs to live you can provide it easily and enjoy success.

of course, the thing is even when following a recipe, baking doesnt come naturally to everybody. some struggle at first, some have beginners luck, some never grasp it, some get it immediately and never lose it.

i have had far more success than failure in the past, though i do not engage in such activities now. i know others who simply didnt understand it and failed miserably as a result.

i think its easy, personally, but it all boils down to the individual.

15. HunterS

HunterS Member

I started with 3 syringes last year. Now I'm way past PF tek and into grains and bulk. It's a whole lot of fun, and as long as you are neat and tidy, you should do just fine. Also, Shroomery Sponsors FTW!

16. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

That's a very good analogy. I always said it was like cooking, but I guess baking is more accurate. You have to be more precise with baking.

Until you want to experiment. That's when it gets tricky. That's the hobby part, though.

IMO, it's as hard or as easy as you wanna make it. If you want to get into agar cloning and massive bulk substrates, it can get touchy if not outright hard. But a PF cake? A monkey could damn near do it. It just depends on how deep you wanna get into it.

To answer the OP, I like Spores101. I've also had good success with Sporeworks and Ralphster's. I've gotten bunk syringes from sporebank.com before, so I wouldn't order from them again.

17. jay197929

jay197929 Member

I bought one syringe of b+ worked great, then I bought 3 more syringes from a diffrent vendor. (SPORESTORE). EVERY ONE FAILED!! i DID NOT HAVE ANY CONTAMS NO GROTH WHATS SO EVER

18. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

They'll ship to cali, dont panic.

19. headveggie21

headveggie21 Member

Sporeworks, Spores101, and Ralphsters are GREAT Companies!

20. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

At least one of those ^^ is a scam site from what I hear. Heads up.