Buying Poisonous Snakes Online

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Abyle, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Abyle

Abyle Member

That's right, kids. You can get your own snake online with a fresh supply of venom in it!

http://www.zoologicalimports.com/

This REALLY charmed me:

Zoological Imports 2000
    Terms

* Live arrival guarantee only on shipments sent airport to airport (air freight).
    *No live animal guarantee for shipments that are delayed or mishandled by the carrier (airlines, UPS, Airborne Express, ex cetra).
    * No live animal guarantee on shipments sent via door to door services such as Airborne Express.
    * No live animal guarantee on shipments sent to destinations below 40º(f) or above 89º(f).
    * No live arrival guarantee on amphibians at anytime.
    * All claims must be called in and unacceptable animals returned within 24 hours of arrival at destination.
    This seriously makes me ill. My mom was telling me some random jackass bought a snake off here without being checked for a license or anything and now he's dead. I HATE ANIMAL ABUSE!!!

2. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

That's terrible.
    Aside from being irresponsible (that guy being a good example) but the heartless bastards won't even ensure the animals turn up alive.

I wouldn't even by things for my animals mail order, let alone the animals themselves.
    Surely there must be something that can be done to stop them.

3. Abyle

Abyle Member

Really... Mail order animals... I actually thought my mom was NUTS when she said this. A baby cobra (if you call these people like she did) costs just $130. Apparently, a lot of people buy them to "milk" (extract the poisonous venom) for medical research for money. The hilarious part: Any Joe Blow can buy one, but you have to have a license to keep anti-venon. That makes sense... I just don't think private citizens have any business with any wild animals, but if I were an online animal dealer, I would personally drive that animal to the location before I'd throw it in the cargo area on a plane.

Off-topic, I love your bunny! What kind is he?

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Yeah that really doesn't make sense
    I agree wild animals should stay wild, especially one that can kill people.

Aww thanks :)
    He is apparently part lion head (has a bit of a 'mane') but we got him as a rescue, so honestly can't tell.

5. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

I personally believe people should be allowed to have animals as a part of their family if they want but, this is insane! It is like handing a loaded gun to a child! Plus the cruelty of shipping the animals which puts a great deal of stress on them.