Busted! Arrested and charged! Need advice/help!

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by stoned away, Feb 6, 2009.

1. stoned away

stoned away Member

Hello don't think I've introduced myself. Names Nick. Last Sunday I got busted in my parked vehicle with marijuana and paraphernalia and contrib. to the delinquent of a minor. No DUI or anything like that those were all the charges.

I recieved a $765 dollar fine for the marijuana and the cops wrote up on the report that i had 3.5 grams on me when truely all i had was a gram maybe even less. THEY kept this AS EVIDENCE. they also said I denied a search when I was trying to be cool and really didn't. (I handed the weed over when they pulled me out of the car) I figured they would take my lil amount of weed and let me off easy. I guess I was wrong as they took me over to the squad car and placed me under arrest and didn't tell me shit about what I was being arrested for and then proceeded to search my car.

In my car they found my RooR and my zong and charged me with a $1100 paraphernalia charge. They then impounded my car within the next 5 minutes and I was off to jail for 12 hours.

Now this is where I need your help. What charges do you think I could possibly face. This is my first offense and I'm a college student and work daily. I'm not some big time drug dealer. I need to know if I should get a lawyer and fight this and what I can say to get these charges dropped. the cops also wrote a bunch of other bullshit on the police report and I could possibly weigh the marijuana cuz I know for a fact it didn't weigh 3.5 grams.

I received a $2,211 bail. Would it be worth it to get a lawyer and fight this to keep it off my record or cheaper to pay the fines and face the penalities.

Any help or any experienced people who could give me some info would really help out. My counselor told me to plead not guilty and talk to a lawyer, which I'm going to do tomorrow. If you have any website,etc. please direct me. I need all the help I can get

THANK YOU,
    Nick

P.S. these charges were placed in Nevada. penalty is only a misdemeanor

2. Severely stoned

Severely stoned Senior Member

Look at your other thread for my reply (in the Lounge)

3. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

I can't believe you got all that just for a gram. It's mad.. in this country we'd probably get a caution as long as we co-operate with them. I've known people to even just get a "you know that's illegal? well dont do it again..".

4. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

did they mirandize you?

5. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Why make two threads on the same thing?...

6. Capncrunk

Capncrunk Member

Yo thats mad fucked up for just some herb. But you seriously need to get your parents to get you a lawyer and fight this cause its just too fucked up. I got busted with about the same shit as you over the summer, but my friend was dealing and had 3/4 of an oz and 2 scales! I live in Liberal City Ann Arbor and i just decided to take my slap on the wrist, but my friends parents hired a lawyer and they easily got all his charges dropped. I was 17 at the time so i was charged as an adult with youth in possesion of tobacco and marijuana which is kinda fucked. But all in all I only had to pay $115 in fines and nobody got charge for the paraphenallia!

7. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

I would be pissed if I was charged as an adult and charged with youth in possession of tobacco...

Can you say paradox?

8. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

well man look like you got some bullshit. you said you allowed them to search? you fucked up there.

did they read you your miranda rights? if not you can get somtehing for that.

other than that udde, they were just being assholes and probably abused their power pulling your around and shit. id say something about that as well. and about how you were cool enough to hand the bud over and they just raised all kinds of hell lying about no consetning to a search(which you should of done anyway though).

you could probably get some shit on police misconduct man.