Bush's Skeleton Closet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sera Michele, May 8, 2004.

1. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

2. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

the fact that he has not yet been impeached points out a great flaw in our checks and balances system. The constitution needs a rewrite i think..

3. Jozak

Jozak Member

Let's see, I like the new forum, what about everyone else?!

4. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Nope.It may or may not work better,but it lacks the warmth and charm of the old one,imho.Peace

5. Trotsky311

Trotsky311 Supporters HipForums Supporter

I definitly prefer the old style. just seemed more "hip" colorful and such. easier navigation on the home screen too, didn't have to scroll down or anything

6. FreeWillFreeLove

FreeWillFreeLove Member

hehe, you don't know the half of what that guys done, he's a fucking monster...BOO! :eek:

and very, very silly :D

7. Chongo Blanco

Chongo Blanco Banned

AT LEAST BUSH STANDS FOR WHAT HE BELIEVES IN AND STICKS TO IT!!!

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [the USA], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

- Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.
    Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass
    destruction programs."
    - Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin,
    Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of an ilicit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
    - Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
    - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical
    weapons throughout his country." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years,every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" Rep.
    - Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members
    It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to
    miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real.”
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

SO NOW THE DEMOCRATS SAY PRESIDENT BUSH LIED, THAT THERE NEVER WERE
    ANY WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND HE TOOK US TO WAR FOR HIS OIL BUDDIES???

8. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

bush's grandaddy supported hitler. he did business with the guy.

there's a skeleton for ya.

onceburned likes this.
  9. MushroomDreams

MushroomDreams Senior Member

Bush is the first president with an arrest record, he’s never had a real job, and he traded Sammy Sosa. . . More Skeletons

10. I'm beginning to notice a pattern!

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like it when people stand up for what they believe in. Even if I don't agree with it I still have über respect.

parua likes this.
  12. onceburned

onceburned Banned

and Richard Nixon was his house ape

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

To be fair many Americans did the same thing. Henry Ford was given an award by the Third Reich an award that was generly only for Germans who honored the father land. Hitler really admired Ford's assembly line and Ford admired the whole national pride thing.

Current Republicans really admire that too. It's not racist to protect your own in their minds.

14. Henry Ford hired black workers when other car makers wouldn't during the 20s and 30s. Weird thing for America's industrial super-racist to do. But that's what happens when the narrative is based on applying today's standards to people in the past (who clearly can't defend themselves).

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

They would work for less and could not make the same union demands. Hiring someone to do a job does not mean respect. Assembly line hours are long and hard. Even then often done by people with few options.

Few white people thought of black people as equal during those times.

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

He obviously was anti-semitic. That's primarily why he's known as a racist. How he supposedly treated other races or ethnicities doesn't take away of his nazi sympathies and anti semitism.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

In America people often see Jews and black people as the same. They both had a rough time once but it's OK for them now since "racism is over". And of course their rough times are the exact same in every way socially and economically.

This is the right wing idea that many support at least. I can see why the comparison was made. Support of one means support of the other.

18. I didn't realize we were looking for ways to "take away" people's sins. Sure seems like a slanted perspective though. While I've never been inclined to be a klansman or any other kind of racist, I have been a rather bad boy in some other ways. Most of it when I was in my 20s, trying to be a Billy Badass.

To some it doesn't matter how I may have done better things since then. Or even before that time. If I shoplifted, I'd be on a database (private) that would keep me from getting any retail jobs. And it wouldn't matter if I helped build a hundred churches, for minimum wage. Electronically, I'd be a shoplifter for the rest of my existence.

Around the same period of time Edison was creating all kinds of amazing shit. Much of it pilfered from the efforts of his lab employees. I don't know his racial record stacks up. I still use electric lights.