Bushcraft weekend!

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by khronus, Jan 6, 2005.

1. khronus

khronus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hi all, well new here but saw this forum and thought grrreat! Im a lover of the outdoors and nature and well it was during a mushroom trip about 6 months back i remembered i used to play as a kid in the fields near to my house. Making bows and arrows and dens, climbing trees...i used to live for that stuff. The mushrooms made me realise that we sway from the path, we forget our own medicine. Hence the next morning I booked myself on a survival and bushcraft course with www.survivalschool.co.uk

It was awesome!!! I had such a great time and after just 2 days in the woods they felt like home. I remember after coming out from the woods i felt a little vulnerable..like a rabbit in the open lol! It's something im going to continue doing and trying to develop my skills futhur. Puts you back in touch with the world:)

Just a lil story for ye all, the moral is getting back to your roots and nature specifically is indeed a healthy pursuit id recommend you all!

K

2. urbangal

urbangal Member

Right on. We have several survival/primitive living schools around the US. I know of three just in the western part of the US alone. Earth skills http://www.earthskills.org/ is more along what you have taken. I tell myself I'm gonna sign up for their classes one day. I agree that people should take one of these classes not as some nutjob survivalist but to really reconnect to nature.

urby