Bush set to scupper climate change agreement at G8

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by lithium, May 26, 2007.

1. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

Well america will have the problem of being spread out we will have the problem of not having much agricultural land for the population so we are daft increasing our population , both countrys will need far more people involved in agriculture.

A good film to see is the power of community thats how cuba dealt with peak oil it is possible to deal with they went to mainly bus and train transport and bikes , with lots of food being grown in citys .

I think people need to stop dreaming that ethanol or biodiesel or hydrogen will save them and they will be able to keep the same system they have now , and have plans just in case there is no wizard with a new type of car .

you can run a train system on lots of things even wind or solar and its more efficient than individual cars if you have ethanol or hydrogen or whatever thats better running a bus system rather than millions of private cars .
    for local transport I see horses or mules or bikes or maybe motorbikes or walking I see pretty much the same for europe , no flying much more use of sea transport as it uses less energy good being transported by canal .

we need to start now redesigning houses to use no energy or very little ,its possible to do but we dont have much time .

regarding climate change the national government of america is crap but individual states and towns are doing quite a bit

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i'm trying to figure out how exactly we can get a light rail for the urban corridor here in colorado. it's ridiculous to have to freaking drive to denver. we're all on one stretch of road going to denver. it's ridiculous. we have a uniquely perfect set of circumstances to gaurantee the success of a rail line all along I25. the urban corridor is just that, one long stretch of interstate with all the towns you want to visit along the way. it's PERFECT. in addition, people here are very environmentally concious and community minded. it's PERFECT. i just don't understand WHY it's not already here. money, money, money. but you'd be surprised how much time and effort are going in to building feasible rail lines all over the usa. we're not ignoring it, we're fighting to get the money for it.

3. mamaKCita

the proposed line for the the state of california coastal communities is $13 million per MILE. the line they have already in place is so expensive as to make is impossible for people to use on a daily basis. it's so frustrating. even the dreaded texas has a very promising rail plan between all it's large cities and points in between. anyone who's driven across much of texas, much less those who have to do it frequently, are probably shitting the drawers in excitment.

4. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Theres no option but to riot - the yanks just arent listening - I guess its gonna take a riot to tell; our politicians "fuck america off ! get back to putting the usa in a position of secondary importance to everyonelses wishes - or impose heavy sanctions"

personally my view is that the USA govt is nothing but a bunch of greedy cunts that need a good punch in the gob and guts

5. mamaKCita

can't argue with that.

6. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Are you saying the American media do not cover environmental issues?
    Or
    America does not do anything for the environment ?

Neither of those two statements I believe.

http://www.state.gov/p/eur/rls/rm/80465.htm

I CAN imagine that the medias agenda is a little skewed towards other issues but that does not prevent people from investigating the issues for themselves if they can.
    From how i've read this - some undisclosed person has handed a document written on by another undisclosed person - does this make ''US rejects all proposals on climate change'' true ?.

7. lithium

lithium frogboy

The only way to solve this issue is with international agreement. IPCC estimates we need to spend 3% of global GDP over the next couple of decades if we want to avert catastrophic climate change. This will not happen on an individual country by country basis if it's going to mean a fall in economic competitiveness not matched by other countries. Whether the Bush administration will be prepared to commit to the kind of international agreement necessary we will have to wait until the G8 to find out.

8. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

What do you think ?

US President George W Bush has seized the initiative on climate change in a move that pleased some fellow world leaders but infuriated his environmental critics.

In a striking change of tone, he says he wants America to be part of a global climate deal when the first period of the Kyoto Protocol ends in 2012.

And he has offered to lead a new process under which the world's leading 15 emitters of greenhouse gases - including China and India - will be invited to Washington to discuss what they can do to cut emissions.

He wants that group to reach a consensus on a framework for tackling climate change within 18 months.

"The United States takes this issue seriously," Mr Bush said. "The way to meet this challenge of energy and global climate change is through technology and the United States is in the lead."

He demanded that all nations should cut tariff barriers to the transfer of environmental technology - a move that would boost earning for high-tech American firms.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6710283.stm

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070531-13.html

9. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I'm not even surprised by this. Destroying the world has always been top of Bush's agenda, not helping to save/protect it.

10. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

11. fountains of nay

12. fountains of nay

Also, these proposals are for 2012. WHAT ABOUT THE HERE AND NOW?

13. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

RFLMFAO

That is what I was thinking - BUT - supposedly they are additional proposals to already ongoing projects and agreements.

14. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

i dont reckon bush gives a flying fuck about climate change or the planet or anyone else for that matter ......he"s too buzy giving blow jobs out at bohemian grove with the rest of the satanist illumanti .

15. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I doubt his passion for the subject extends further than if he needs to put on a second layer of clothing or not - or is anything like his wifes passion for the subject.
    What did you think of the proposals ?.

BTW Bohemian Grove is not satanical - but that is another story.

16. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

really ? so what is it then?

17. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

A very exclusive country club with a few outdated initiation ceremonys -
    I guess taken out of context a lot of ''rituals'' look rather bizarre -
    The people that perpetuate that myth [satanism] just wish to paint the place in a negative light - as shocking as that is.

I have no idea - this is why I ask.

18. mamaKCita

nothing wrong with satanism.

19. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Well I imagine it depends on who is practicing it - just like any belief.
    I don't have a problem with it to be honest - but the cliched view of satanism does not really reflect the true nature of it in any shape or form.
    Heads on stakes - bloodbaths etc yawn etc yawn etc.

20. mamaKCita

silly people.