Bush Oil Administration

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by CyberFly, May 27, 2004.

1. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

The fact is Bush is in power and will not release the Strategic Reserves, American oil companies (The largest Bush campaign contributers) are making record profits, and Bush is not doing anything about rising gas prices.

http://www.bushnews.com/attack.htm

The Bush family is just another royal oil family who is profiting from the high prices.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/9E21D088-7317-45DF-BE62-7CE8BEB830B1.htm

Iraqis fail to regain control of oil revenue

By Ahmed Janabi

Monday 24 May 2004, 16:26 Makka Time, 13:26 GMT

The latest Iraqi attempts to recover control of the country's oil revenues from the United States appear to have hit a dead end with a special delegation being rebuffed in its bid secure UN help.

The delegation has been in New York in a bid to petition the UN to exert pressure on US occupation authorities, who currently preside over Iraq's oil output.

It includes Hamid al-Bayati, a deputy in the Iraqi interim foreign ministry and a spokesperson for the Supreme Council of Islamic Revolution in Iraq.

In New York since last week its members have so far failed to get an audience with UN officials.

The control of Iraq's oil revenue has been controversial ever since the US-led occupation of Iraq in 2003.

The US has imposed secrecy on oil deals, exportation, and use of revenues. Iraqi officials have previously asked for access to oil revenues, but have been turned down by the occupation Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) headed by Paul Bremer.

Day light robbery

Muzhir al-Dulaymi, spokesman for the League for the Defence of Iraqi Peoples' Rights, told Aljazeera the US was systematically milking Iraq of its oil.

"A daylight robbery is going in Iraq. I have first hand information from sources in al-Bakr port in southern Iraq, and in the Turkish port of Jihan, confirming that three million oil barrels are being taken out of Iraq on a daily basis" al-Dulaymi said.

"Oil sale contracts only go to the Iraqi oil ministry for signing. They cannot say a word about them; not to mention the fact that there are many sealed contracts which the Iraqi ministry of oil is not notified of."

Al-Dulaymi says the Bush administration is benefiting from the process.

"When oil prices surpassed $30 last year, Bush sent his Energy Secretary to the Middle East, who held talks with Saudi Arabia and other oil producers to reduce prices.

"But here we are now; oil prices have reached $40 and not a word from the Bush administration. Why? Because they are benefitting. Definitely, they will not sacrifice such revenue and give it to Iraqis."

http://www.johnkerry.com/features/oil_house/

[​IMG]

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/blackout/california/

2. Megara

Megara Banned

is spamming not frowned upon here? Posting the same thing in 3 different forums is getting out of hand....this is like the 3rd or 4th time you've done this that i've seen.....the story doesnt get better the more you post it....

3. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

No, he has every right to do it, he is not advertising ANYTHING, and the fact is that there are people who only go in 1 or 2 of the three political forums, so this way cyberfly is sure that they will see his post. If you see it over and over again and it bugs you, just ignore it and don't go to it.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

4. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Don't you think those news sources just might be a bit biased? Now I love spun half truths to support my beliefs just as much as any other American, but I would advise taking anything you get from Al Jazeera or John Kerry with a glass of salt.

5. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

What news source doesn't have a bias....Frontline?

[​IMG]

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

my father-in-law took my baby and i to breakfast this morning, and i got to listen to a table full of guys talking about how fighting a war for oil is perfectly valid since it's the life blood of this country. kinda puts you off your eggs. no mention of dead bodies on the ground or anything...

7. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

I had a conservative guy on another forum tell me that he fully admits that this war is only about oil, but that it doesn't matter, because that oil is OURS - because we need it, and asking americans to conserve or use public transportation is abusive. Sick.

8. mynameiskc

no one in their right mind would ever confuse me with an extreme liberal, but i think anyone in their right mind would just say "what the fuck?"

9. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

Sickos if you ask me...all of 'em. No wonder there is such a deep divide in this country between people like that and others who believe the exact opposite. No doubt the ones who truly believe that, all drive Hummers. What's up with those fucking beasts of a car....they're not even cars, they're tanks! Why do people feel they need to drive those things???? I know, I know..."It's America, and we can bloody well drive whatever we want...it's our RIGHT!" No wonder the rest of the world hates us!

10. Megara

Megara Banned

yeah, cause only america has hummers

11. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Ya, there is this guy who lives down the street from me. Drives a Hummer. The thing only gets 13 mpg (which is terrible) and this guy is the first to complain when the gas prices go up. These are the idiots supporting the war.

12. mynameiskc

my sister in law got a dodge durango used a few years ago, for her and her baby. now she's gotta get a different car because the gas prices are so high. so maybe the gas prices are a good thing, since a lot of people who bought suvs and stupid huge vehicles they don't need will have to switch to a more reasonable vehicle.

13. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

14. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

I have a solution: If you live in a city, you shouldn't be able to buy an SUV. Here in New York there is way too little parking space and way too much traffic, and people still insist on buying a fucking Ford Explorer to drive around the city in. If you live out on a farm and need a big car for whatever reason, than fine, that's OK. Banning cars like Hummers in big cities (or even medium and small cities) would do a lot of good for drivers, there would be less traffic, and the oil compainies would make less, meaning that our nuts wouldn't be in a juice maker anymore (or maybe they would still be in a juice maker, but the juice maker wouldn't be plugged in:) ).

15. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

You should have to get special permits to own a truck or SUV, basically prove that you really need it for your livelyhood, and not just to impress your rich friends.

16. Megara

Megara Banned

are we going to do that on sports cars too?

17. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

Bush is an Oil whore. Look where he came from. Damn, what were we thinking?