Burt's Bees Deordorant

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Earthy Mama, May 11, 2004.

1. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Have any of you tried it? What do you think of it? I just started using it and I was wondering how strong it is since it is so light-weight. I love the smell too. I don't like to smell myself(lol) so thats why I'm asking how well it works if you use it AND if you don't think it works that well do you know of another natural deordorant that works better?

Eryn

2. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I've never tried the deoderant, but I love everything else I've bought from Burt. I'm sure it's awesome!!! How does it work with the wetness? That is what I have got a prob with. I don't smell too bad, but I sweat like it's going out of style (no matter what I use)!!!!

3. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

it seems to mask odor but I think the wetness is the same maybe a little less. It is made of sage, lemon, and lavendar so its a nice strong smell. I like it. It is a spray-on too.
    Ok... I just read the back, this is what it says about perspration..."Burt's Bees herbal deodorant does not prevent the body from perspiring, which is a natural cleansing process nessicary to release natural toxins." Ok, I guess it doesn't help wetness, but its good for smell.

4. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i like it but u still get sweaty cuz its just deoderant not anti-perspirant ...i love the smell thow

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I love every Burt's Bees product... they're all so delicious....

6. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I love the smell too...I still sweat (but I don't mind that too much), and it keeps the smell down.

I also like Kiss My FAce Patchouli scented liquid crystal deodorant, and another liquid deodorant I found at a local natural food store in Atlanta called Lady Fern. It is made by the CommonSense company (don't know if they have a website or not), and it doesn't have any chemicals in it. All good stuff, in my opinion!

7. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

burts bees makes all the best products...and at reasonable prices too i love em'

8. mamasoul

mamasoul Member

is it like tom's of maine at all? i've used that, and it had a nice smell, but felt kinda slimey. i like dabbing a bit of oil under there instead. btw, hi eryn!

9. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've tried dabbing some oil under my pits instead of using deodorant, but I find that the oil stains some of my lighter colored shirts...any ideas?? I rub it in really well, but I still get a stain. I'd love to stop wearing deodorant altogether, and just use oils, but...that stain...

10. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

I use Kiss My Face Liquid Crystal Deoderant too, but the Lavender scent. I like the patchouli too! I find it works against smell quite well. It kills off bacteria that makes you smell. As for wetness, either it helps some with that too (doubtful) or I just don't sweat that much normally (more likely).

However when it's super hot or I am working out extra hard, I sweat quite a bit and it does start to smell a little bit if you haven't put it on in the last few hours. But all you have to do is put more on, don't even have to wash if you can't get around to it, and it goes right back to where it was.

I love Burt's Bees stuff too! Never tried the deoderant tho. I thought about getting some to spritz on throughout the day over my liquid crystal one to keep fresh. The liquid crystal lasts 1 to 2 days to keep smell away, but I like to smell GOOD.

11. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

I use a crystal rock deodorant that works great. I have used that Toms of Maine stuff but it was sticky and slimey. The crystal works great and it leaves no residue on your under arm.

12. yummy

yummy Banned

i found a long-lasting deordorant cream from NOW......it contains natural ingredients and the most important one is zinc oxide ...which is anti-bacterial

i was surprised at just how well it works ....it lets you sweat but there is no odor and it last for days even if you shower alot....

lol...and it works great for stinky feet

13. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

I love Bert's Bees products... Although i have never tried the deoderant