Burn The cards

Discussion in 'Protest' started by brownxfoot, Jun 30, 2006.

1. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

As of few (or hopefully more) are aware in 2008 there the Real ID Act will be put into affect requiring that all states issue an ID card that has to have the following information:
    Each card must include, at a minimum:

• The person's full legal name.
    • The person's date of birth.
    • The person's gender.
    • The person's driver's license or identification card number.
    • A digital photograph of the person's face.
    • The person's address of principal residence. (This would be quite inconvenient for people who need to move frequently.)
    • The person's signature.
    • Physical security features designed to prevent tampering, counterfeiting, or duplication of the document for fraudulent purposes.
    • A common machine-readable technology, with defined minimum data elements (the details of which are not spelled out, but left to the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of Transportation and the States, to regulate).
    Any other identification will not be accepted by any federal agency including the agency responsible for doing airport security checks meaning you will not be allowed to fly. further more all the state databases will be linked together, database must include, at a minimum, all the data printed on the state drivers' licenses and ID cards, plus drivers' histories (including motor vehicle violations, suspensions, and points on licenses). Any state that does not link its database, containing records on all drivers and ID holders, to the database of the other states loses its federal funding.

there are tons of problems with this plan but th eone that worries me the most is the likelyhood that the database will contain much mroe than theat bare minimum information but every single place that card has been scanned wich will proably include many liquer stores and supermarkets and anywhere else that requires age verification. This could turn into a huge violation of public privacy and as a way to protest it i think we shoudl look back at the classics.

BURN THE SUCKERS! ​

2. Optical Sound

Optical Sound Member

all of the points of the card except the last are just like a driver's license so I'm ok with that. But I dont agree with the card being required at airports and pretty much any public place.

3. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

Thats the kicker, no one really needs a drivers license sure it help id but you can get around it but now your royally screwed with out it.

4. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

Sounds like a violation of State's rights to me. I agree with you, we should burn these cards in protest.

5. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

there is a slight hitch to the plan though easily fixed. the draft cards were unlaminated. so i'm thinking a fire barrel would work alot better than holding a lighter and melting them.

OR

we could make cool little name tags out of them.

6. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

Concerning these I.D. cards, my sister said this:

[​IMG] “bull fuckin’ shit, the gov. don’t have money to spend on our dumb ass’. we have s.s. cards for fuckin’ i.d.” [​IMG]

Her meaning of that being they aren’t going to spend money on a new program because they already have a program in place. What do you guys think?

7. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Most babies are issued ss numbers, when are they issued their official ids, do they have to be a certain age? This is total bullshit! They can't drive or sign their names. Will they still be allowed as tax exemptions? How often do you haul your kids in for a new id picture, that's going to be fun.

Time to ask questions, before these fuckers make this law.

I'll bet you anything some member of the Bush family or his administration, already has a company in the works that can provide these.

Time to say NO!!!

8. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

oh man do i feel like shit

i didn't read the letter of the law there are some issues i'm not sure on but imagine that you dont need these cards till a certain age.......on second thought ifyou need them with every federal agency you might i'll chec it out for you. and woodsman if you sister truly wants to know how it was passed here the story: a stand alone measure like this passed in the house but they couldn't pass it in the senate, so they taged it onto a military spending bill for iraq because it's hard to vote no on armour for the troops. does that make her feel better?

9. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

10. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Sooooo....what's wrong with license's and S.S. cards? And why will these cards be any different?

11. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

I don't tottally oppose the cards as it is now thought i'm enftialy not happy on being on somenational database of the goverments no matter what kind. it's the slippery slope i think this could lead to, think about it say your a liquor (omg i almsot just swallowed a sowing needle) store or sell ciggarets and you had this card that is machine readable that allows you to know if the person is of age it just makes sense to use it, Now your on their database and i somehow think that the goverment were demand access to these database and it goes on and on and on and on from their.

12. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I oppose this based on the grounds it is killing state rights, but I think everything on that list is already on my state ID.

13. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

Ok, what is the status of this bill? Has it passed? Still being debated? What's the deal with it?

14. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

Damn, it says our wise-ass leader GW Bush signed this bill into law on Thursday-it was attached to a military spending bill to make opposition to it more difficult. What a fucking mess. Here's the link:http://news.com.com/FAQ+How+Real+ID+will+affect+you/2100-1028_3-5697111.html We'll need the damn things to open a bank account and damn near anything else. If the bill about the ID card had been separate from the military spending bill it might not have passed. As it is, it was attached to a miltary 'support our troops' kind of spending bill-to take the attachment of the ID card section of the bill out would have required a big effort on the part of congressmen-that's how a lot of these bullshit laws get passed. Fuck the government.

15. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

actully this bill was passed last may sorry for the lateness

16. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

The sister I mentioned now has her own account and will be posting under the name warflower. You can say hello to her at her new introduction thread:
    http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177131

AND BURN THE I.D. CARDS.

17. Gizzee

Gizzee Member

I don't believe in the numbering of human flesh. Only people numbered are either prisoners or slaves. Which are you?

Peace, love and joy!

18. vodoo chile

vodoo chile Member

what do you think they plan on doing with these?

19. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

I don't know, i can't see any truly beneficial purpose to standardizing ID cards though i can think of some nefarious ones.

Here's another thing to think about, i may be a little of base on this and someone needs to give me some feed back.

The V.A. is a federal agency which helps Vets many Older vetrans who are in need of assistance are homeless therefore can't fill out the current adress issue.

thoguths on this?