Bumble Bee tuna worker cooked in oven -"oops, we'll be closed for a few days."

Discussion in 'Consumer Advocacy' started by Justin_Hale, Oct 13, 2012.

1. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

It's awful that the guy died.

But really, other than the gross-out factor, what disease are you going to catch if they reuse the oven after cleaning it? I imagine that they have a sanitizing procedure, they aren't just going to wipe it off with a paper towel.

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Hair :ack2:

3. Mayor Salt

Mayor Salt Member

It's an oven. Functionally speaking, it's self-sterilizing.

4. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Is it also self-scraping-away-cooked-human-and-melted-work-boots? Because that is where I was going with my post.

I'm glad you were here to point out the obvious, though. Thanks.

5. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Even if the oven could be sanatized, they should replace it anyway...you guys are right about that. But they won't be able to replace it till the investigations are completed....which could take up to six months. Replacing it now could compromise the entire investigation.

They are probably using the oven on dry runs now (no actual product) for the investigation.

6. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

Tragic, but won't stop me from eating their tuna - we don't even know who to blame for the accident. Poor fella in any case tho :/

7. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Obvious or not, idea still grosses me out. Doesn't really matter, that brand isn't available here anyway.

8. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

So if some guy got cooked to death in your oven at home, you'd have no problem cooking a turkey in it for the holidays, awesome.

Any kind of porous metal in that oven could heat up and expand during cooking. Allowing molecules of whatever was cooking in there to be traped in it for later release during the next cycle of heat. Cooled
    porous metal could trap junk when it cools down for cleaning in between cycles.

Anyway, I don't care if the entire oven (including the heating elements) was made out of some kind of a nonporous stainless steel. I'm not eating anything from out of that oven.

And it's not because of ghosts.

I'm starting to wonder about the word: "accident" in this story..

9. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Any particular reason?

10. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

Every time I see this thread I think of Ace Ventura

11. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

[​IMG]
    AALLRRighty then

Somethings fishy about this accident is all I'm sayin.

OK, that was bad, but I'm trying to stay in a good mood right now.

A quote from a post made earlier in this thread:

^This!

First thing that comes to my mind is who locks an oven door and turns it on without looking at what's inside that oven first?

Also, no one was around to hear any screaming or pounding on the door?

I'm sure he didn't set the oven on auto-start and climb in to clean it really quick before the timer ran out.

I could go on all day with guesses, but I'm waiting to see what the investigation finds.

12. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

^ i was thinking the exact same thing as reading this.

I don't entirely think it was an accident either... but who knows, maybe it was his own creative way to commit suicide? Although, that would be one painful death... i doubt anyone would willingly do that to themselves...

13. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Hey Honey, this tuna taste like dick! You know you all were thinking it.... R.I.P.

14. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

How long was he 'cooked' for?
    All I can think of is he must have looked like a pulled pork sandwich. He probably fell apart like an overcooked chicken. These are probably high pressure steamer rooms. He could have had a heart attack or something and fell behind a rack of tuna cans. Yes, I think the tuna is already canned at this point so no direct contact with his body and the tuna. I bet whoever worked the cleanup took home some free tuna.