Buffy The Vampire Slayer & Angel

Discussion in 'TV' started by Josh-e, May 26, 2004.

1. Josh-e

Josh-e Member

Who is a big fan of these 2 shows? In my opinion it's the best TV ever made, it's the only TV show I watch apart from South Park. People give me a funny look when I say I watch Buffy etc, but more fool them, they are too put off by the title/name of the show to give it a chance & instead watch TV shows that are marketed as cool, or ones their mates watch, or whats on prime time TV etc.

I think Buffy is sheer quality, the best storylines, good humour, all the characters are good (apart from Dawn), it looks decent, the episodes from 98' still dont look dated & wont for a long time, and 140 odd episodes running at 44 mins each, how can you ever get bored? I dont think Angel is quite as good, but it's a good alternative!

Buffy & Angel are very fascinating characters, but I'd probably say Spike is the best one in the show.

2. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

I'm a Buffy/Angel fanatic.

I remember when the first episode premiered in 1995.It was brilliant writing and the cast chemistry is unmatched.

the cool thing about both shows as well is how different their tones were from each other.I didnt feel like I was watching one show split into 2 hours.they also touched on subjects that at the ime were still hush hush on TV. both shows had central inter-racial relationships and a central gay relationship on BtVS.

Cordelia was and will always be my favorite character.

BTW..did you know that Charisma Carpenter is the lead to play Wonder Woman? and she's also up to play Louis Lane in the next Superman movie.very cool.

3. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

Love them both...don't tell anyone though.

4. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

I can't believe how old charisma carpenter is....

5. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

Tee Hee. Someone slap the bitch.

6. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

I'm probably the only person who hated Buffy (after season 3), and loved Angel. lol I was an Angel fanatic from the pilot episode to the very end last week. *sigh* :(

On a slightly random-but-not-really note: Did you guys know that Charisma posed for Playboy? I didn't even know until I stumbled across my friend's LiveJournal and saw the pics posted there. REALLY didn't see that coming. :eek:

7. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

they where incedibly brave, homosexuality witchcraft, so many subjects that will rub some group or other up the wrong way and make sure that its not main stream but they did it anyway.
    also they where never afraid to kill someone off if they thought it would improve a story line, josh and the crew always thought about the show and not viewing figures.
    when willow discovered she was gay they got so many complaints then when her girl friend died they got tons more.
    anyone know what sarah michelle G's like in real life.
    she never goes to anything that promotes the show and doesn't appear on the dvd extra features i wonder why

S

8. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

SMG wants to distance herself from BtVS as much as she possibly can. I think towards the end of the show she started to see it as more of a burden than anything else. I think it was an interview she did with either Cosmo or Rolling Stone where she said that she wants to have a "serious" career and Buffy was holding her back. I wonder if she knows that if it wasn't for Buffy, she wouldn't be as high status as she is today. Or used to be, whatever. lol

Of course, we all know that Scooby Doo and Scooby Doo 2 are the ultimate career making movies, right? :rolleyes:

I also heard from several fans of the show that it would have lasted one more season if she didn't so desperately want to cut her ties with the show. But I don't know if that's true, seeing as I stopped watching after season 3. I really wouldn't be surprised if it was, though.

9. shellegirl

shellegirl Member

ohh i love Buffy and Angel but Buffy more. i just started watching it a few weeks ago and i'm still trying to figure everything out. but its the best show ever.

i love spike!! he's the funniest guy ever!! :D

10. Silent Jay & The

Silent Jay & The Member

Buffy & Angel are two of my favorite shows. I like the characters (execpt Dawn) and I like the stories. I was a big fan of Giles, Jennys, Faith and Taras Character and I watched every episode (out of the final ep from the first season because they aren't allowed to show them in germany on TV).

I have to say that Sarah Gellar was good playing Buffy - but she is not a good actress. Ok, there was "Cruel Intentions" but that was it.
    It is good that the show comes to an end.

11. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

Love Buffy...hated Dawn & Riley though...fuckers...:p

Angel's pretty kool...watching at the moment...was good up to a point but by the end of series 4 I think it got a bit shit...series 5 has the odd one or two good episodes but it's got pretty mediocre now