Buffalo/Niagara Falls/Western New York Family....Where are you???

Discussion in 'New York' started by Tribal Om, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Tribal Om

Tribal Om Member

Like it or not folks, Fall is upon us & Winter is coming soon. The last thing I want to do is hibernate again. Who are you? Where are you? What's up?

2. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

I hear ya' there brother. Now that the colder weather is coming I am feeling a bit antsy. The New England, Massachusetts to be more specific, winters can make one become somewhat reclusive. Not looking forward to it........

3. jakabis

jakabis Member

Ithaca area. I love the cold and we are not bears or repltiles so to hibernate is a foolish thing. Enjoy all the seasons equally. I love to go hike with my dogs in the thick of the woods durring snow storms. It is so calm and peaceful. the forest is a beautiful place during the winter months. Dangerous but beautiful.

4. DayTripping

DayTripping Member

buffalo momma here...i guess we all get a touch of the north country blues this time of year. i often raise my spirits by taking a trip up to the falls. its such a place of spiritual cleansing and renual. i consider myself honored to have been born here. it makes me sad that so many people look down on the buffalo/niagara region for various reasons, not to mention the intense political corruption that plagues both cities. i have hope and faith things will look up. anywho, you can email me @ radio_420_head@yahoo.com or my AIM screen name is in my profile. hope to hear from ya soon, peace n love!!

5. Tribal Om

Tribal Om Member

Thank you all for the kind words. Since my original post, synchronicity kicked in & transformation of the Self began to unfold on all levels. This has truly been an enlightening season so far and I've been doing anything BUT hibernating! Infinite Love, Light & Gratitude to All! ~Namaste~

6. marbchic

marbchic Member

hmm . .... . i like to shovel and go sledding; they're both free ;) i too, hibernate (poor cash flow these days) but am looking forward to camping at Allegany state park come april. i went for b-day with some friends - dec. 4-8th - ate some shrooms, and had a good 'ol time. just gettin' along on the forums and yahoo games :)

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

little late.. but i'm here in buffalo for the summer

8. Brkonthru2daothersid

Brkonthru2daothersid Member

upstate NY here........[​IMG]

9. *~*Over*The*Stars*~*

*~*Over*The*Stars*~* Member

I'm going to start going to Skidmore in September. That's in Saratoga Springs so... yeah. What's up? :]

10. ISObeyond

ISObeyond Member

.... if my ol' lady was to die today ... I would be packed and rolling right after the funeral (same day) heading up to somewhere like Alden, Cheektowaga, Depew, Lancaster ... maybe even Sloane ....

I miss tobogganing at Chestnut Ridge park ... or hiking along the river in Zoar Valley ... of trout fishing in Silver Creek

ESPECIALLY .... the Christmas lights shining off a roof with a lot of fresh snow!

... and icicles hanging of a tree branch

My favorite time was the blizzard of '77 walking around Delaware Ave and Elmwood around the Albright Knox Art Gallery and walking into the wind which was so strong at times I could lean forward over 45 degree's and walk ...

windchill was 70 below .... so awesome

11. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

Once the lake freezes i like camping on Chautuaqua Lake... I build myself a nice little snow fortress to block the wind, drill a hole for some fishin' and have myself a nice time. We've been lucky with nice warm weather also so i have been going outside for adventures in the woods around my house. When it gets really nasty out i generally veg in my room and make music. Or i go outside and pretend im on an expedition across antarctica or something. But yes sledding at chestnut ridge is the best!!! so is Steelheadin at the Cat, and the chautuaqua gorge and zoar valley are breathtaking! Im not much of a fan of Niagra Falls because its overly commercialized and there are too many buildings around it.

12. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Spent my first 20 in Randolph livin' and workin' on a dairy farm. Amish for next door neighbors, and the res. is 10 miles away. The land there is extremely high energy and spiritual. Spent alot of time on the highest point in Cattaraugus County (Pine Hill). There's camping up there in the state land for free and without alot of tourists. I found a huge stone medicine wheel up there when I was a kid.
    I don't miss the LONG, HARD winters! Or that thing that happens when ya live in a SMALL town and everybody knows everybody, and certain last names are the only ones to have... We've still got a farm up there where phamily lives...

Randolph has some wierd history. It seems a guy built a "GOD machine, or some stories call it a perpetual motion device. It was brought to Randolph due to some special type of magnetic force in the area. Unfortunately, the local townsfolk were very superstitious and ganged up, destroying the machine and burning down the barn it was stored in. Go to Google and type in "god machine"...

13. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

the other thing i do during the winter months is think about how grate the great blue heron festival is going to be once it rolls around

14. keiyci

keiyci Member

Yea I'm bored

15. ISObeyond

ISObeyond Member

hmm .... Great Blue Heron??

One like this booger?
    [​IMG]

16. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

exactly like that booger...but its a music festival in the middle of amish farm country

17. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Any you Western NY guys heard of a band called Discidium? They're metal----
    Check 'em out if ya get a chance, they're family, livin' in Randolph.

18. ISObeyond

ISObeyond Member

Wanna good laugh??

This photo was from about 8:30am today ... shortly after they canceled school in this North Carolina county due to bad weather ...

... and they say Yankee's can't drive! :croc:

ooooooo! BIG SCAREY weather .... WTF!!!!

19. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

20. ISObeyond

ISObeyond Member

... my poor NC truck covered in Depew/Cheektowaga salt last Wednesday