Brother Ray: Ray Charles' Own Story

Discussion in 'Biography' started by hahaha04, Oct 24, 2011.

1. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Hey!

Has anyone else on HF read this book. Here is the Amazon info;

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Ray-Charles-Own-Story/dp/0306813351"]Amazon.com: Brother Ray: Ray Charles' Own Story (9780306813351): Ray Charles, David Ritz: Books

I am currently reading this book for one of my classes at university. Its an English Composition class focusing on Jazz Literature.

I have always enjoyed a little of Ray Charles music, and i have read up online, a bit about his life. I like to play piano as well, but i am nt good at all :( oh well.....

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had read this book, so far it is really great, i am pretty into the book, and not many books really draw me in that much, especially ones i am told to read for uni.

2. archenemy

archenemy Members

What a cool book to read for university! No i didnt read it. Im still dying to see the movie Ray. Did u see that? I actualy didnt know about this book til i read your post!

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh, cool. I like his music, too. Have not read the book, but is there a movie out about him now? I would like to see it.

4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh, wow, I just took notice of the year of this post......I guess the movie has come and gone....by now....lol